facebook

Resin 3 not enabled

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Resin 3 is not enabled each time that I start-up Eclipse i.e. it does not show as an option in ‘Project Deployments’ when I have Resin 3 set to ‘Enabled’ in the ME preferences.

In order for the Resin 3 option to show up, I have to go to ‘Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Servers > Resin 3’ and then just click the ‘Ok’ button – odd. I then have to do a fresh re-deploy each time this happens, as ME now thinks it’s a new deployment.

A minor daily annoyance, but is anyone else seeing this?

Regards
    David

What operating system and version are you running = XP Pro with SP2
    What Eclipse version and build id are you using? = V3.1.0 Build ID:I20050627-1435
    Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse = Yes, fresh install
    Are any other external plugins installed = Subclipse & TMate JavaSVN Library
    How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.* = 4
    What MyEclipse version are you using? = 4.0.0
    What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? = 1.5.0_04
    What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? = 1.5.0_04
    What steps did you take that resulted in the issue? = Been like this since installation
    What application server are you using? = Resin Pro 3.0.14
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? = No

#238673 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

David,

I tested this on MyEclipse 4.0.1 and am not seeing the same issue. I set up the Resin 3 connector, verified that it was enabled in the UI, and exited. When I came back it, it was still available. This *might* be a difference between 4.0 and 4.0.1, but there were no bugs posted for anything in this area. If you’d like to try updating to see if that helps, please read the announcement post to mimize the possiblity of running into any issues: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-4-0-1ga-for-eclipse-3-1-x-is-now-available/

#238737 Reply

Ok, some success here but failed to find the root of the problem.

I took the opportunity to do a fresh install of the latest Eclipse 3.1.1 and ME 4.0.1 and I still got the same result as above. I was wondering if some rouge setting was getting picked up so I decided to re-install again and be more methodical at each step. This time I created a new workspace instead of using my current workspace and after installation all was well and Resin was available for deployment each time. I then re-ran Eclipse but pointed to my old workspace and the problem came back. I then pointed Eclipse back to the new, empty workspace and deployment is working as expected again.

So, it appears that something in the workspace is causing this. Not sure what it is yet. It has been used by 3.0.x versions of Eclipse, but I’ve never had a problem before with mixed versions in a workspace. I’ve tried a few other things such as importing a project from the old workspace and also manually copying the projects across, all with no problems yet. Just to be sure, I’m now moving all projects across to the new workspace.

It would be interesting for future reference if anyone had an idea of what’s going on here.

Regards
    David

#238793 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

David,

It would be interesting for future reference if anyone had an idea of what’s going on here.

From Eclipse 3.0 to Eclipse 3.1 the way preferences, particularly defaults, was changed quite a bit. I could easily believe there is some sort of low-level migration problem having to do with overriding defaults that is just failing in this case for some reason. Creating the new workspace and importing the existing projects sounds like the best way to get things cleaned up again.

#238956 Reply

sdayton

I had the same issue with Tomcat not showing up when I restarted Eclipse. Migrating all the settings from my existing workspace to a new workspace seemed like to much work. So, after a little looking around, I found a solution to my problem and possibly this one. In Eclipse go to:

“Window -> Preferences -> General -> Startup and Shutdown”

I noticed that most of the MyEclipse (Genuitec) plugins were not checked (including Tomcat 5) after checking the Tomcat 5 item, clicking ok and restarting Eclipse, the Server now showed up.

Regards,
    Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Resin 3 not enabled

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in