facebook

REST Options and Tomcat Integrated Sandbox Missing

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MDProcureOff

I installed ME4S 8.6 last fall, went through the restFUL tutorials fine. Since then, I have added a few local plugins, worked on non-rest stuff for months. I wanted to get back to restFul, so went to create a Web Service and click on the REST option, and all the options are gone. Additionally, the New Service icon is gone from the toolbar. Also when I go to Preferences, Integrated Sandbox, both Jersey and Tomcat were missing. I clicked on the link to restore Jersey, and it came back, but no action happens when I try it with Tomcat’s restore link.

I do not know when this all happened in the last several months. I am off-line, so cannot reinstall with Pulse. I am almost to the point of totally deleting all aspects, and starting with my CD copy of ME4S again, but before I have to rebuild it all, can you step me through how to get the restFul options back, the Tomcat into the integrated sandbox.

The restFul tutorial shows a project type called “web services project” that I used to get, but is also no longer there. If I have to totally delete all pieces to get a fresh install, how do I do that? I can’t currently upgrade to 9 yet, still getting work permissions for that.

#315890 Reply

MDProcureOff

BTW, plugins installed were Google, Perl, GForge, and SVN.

#316020 Reply

Brian Fernandes

MD,

I’m sorry this post has been left unattended. It would look like for some reason your plugins were uninstalled – did you install and y 3rd party feature or plugin recently? Or did you try using MyEclipse 9 (just installing it)?

In an offline env like yours, the only solution would be to use our uninstaller to uninstall 8.6, and run the installer again to install a new copy. Unfortunately you will need to re-add the additional 3rd party plugins.

Please let me know if you still need assistance.

#316132 Reply

MDProcureOff

I re-ran the install and it all works now. I suspect it was a Perl plugin I installed from local archives, but am not sure. Thanks for responding, though. 🙂

#316159 Reply

support-joy

MD,

Good to hear you are all set.

Best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: REST Options and Tomcat Integrated Sandbox Missing

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in