facebook

REST Web Service Feature

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eugenejsn
    Participant

ME 2017.

I have two questions about the REST web service feature in my workspace.

1) RESTful Web Service

In the newly opened workspace, there is a default project: RESTful Web Service under which displayed Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter

What is this project for? And how to use it?

I can build a @RestController annotated controller class for RESTful web service right in my project, why should one need the RESTful Web Service project itself?

2) After I create a Web Project, I saw a default REST Web Service item under the root directory. What is this REST Web Service for? I tried to right mouse click on it, but there was nothing showed up. Then what is its use?

Eugene

#529740 Reply

support-swapna

Eugene,

1. The REST API node in the MyEclipse Explorer view is for testing public APIs of popular services.
    Please refer to this tutorial for more details : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/ws/testing-public-rest-api/

2. The project’s REST Web Services node in the MyEclipse Project Explorer view gives you an overview at a glance of the web services you’ve defined for the project in a neatly organized format . You can quickly navigate between the REST methods and resources; double-clicking a method listed under the REST Web Services node opens the resource file to the selected method.

Alternatively, the same resource information appears in the REST Project Explorer view. To open the Rest Project Explorer view, select Window>Show View from the menu. Search for REST, or open the Java EE node.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: REST Web Service Feature

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in