facebook

restore opened tabs when switch between projects in a same workspace

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eMorrone
    Participant

Hi,
    I have some projects in the same workspace. When I am working on a project A, some files are opened in tabs. If I close the project and reopen, the tabs are missing.
    I don’t wish to implement a “workspace per project”.
    Is there a solution for this?

#607239 Reply

jhugohr

Hey eMorrone,

as far as I can tell, there is no such option available, but, let me share it to the team.

Thanks for contacting us.

Best Regards,
    Hugo Herrera
    Genuitec Support Team.

#607259 Reply

support-swapna

eMorrone,

You can achieve what you are looking for with multiple windows (Window > New Window) and working sets. You can organize your projects as working sets and in each new window, you can configure the explorer to work with a particular working set. When exiting MyEclipse, you have to do File > Exit so that when you relaunch MyEclipse, the windows are restored along with the working sets and the editor state.

There is a smoother approach to achieve the same by using Mylyn Context. You can create tasks for your projects, activate the task, switch to the Context tab, drag and drop your project to link with that task and open and close files in the editor as you wish. Whenever the said task is activated next, the project state is restored. The Package Explorer view will only show the projects associated with the activated task. Please refer to the attached screenshot for your reference. I have two projects, ProjectA and ProjectB in my workspace and I created two tasks TaskA and TaskB. When I activate TaskB, only ProjectB will be shown in the Package Explorer view.

Please see this Mylyn documentation for further help : https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/User_Guide

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: restore opened tabs when switch between projects in a same workspace

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in