facebook

Reverse Engineering into separate packages

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

davidsos

I’m using Spring/JPA/Hibernate and I can reverse engineer the DAO objects into one package and the Abstract and Table POJO’s together into a separate package by reverse engineering the DAO and POJO’s separately. The only problem is that the DAO objects must have an import manually inserted with the proper package name of the POJO’s.
    How can I possibly do it all in one step and not need to manually insert the import? Two separate steps would also be required for when I only need to regenerate one and not the other.

#286669 Reply

Loyal Water

We dont support what you want for at the moment. You will have to generate both at the same time into the same package, but you could refactor the DAOs out manually afterwards (since they are the least likely to change) and then just regenerate the POJOs each time but not need to worry about the DAOs after that.

#286708 Reply

davidsos

@support-nipun wrote:

We dont support what you want for at the moment. You will have to generate both at the same time into the same package, but you could refactor the DAOs out manually afterwards (since they are the least likely to change) and then just regenerate the POJOs each time but not need to worry about the DAOs after that.

Unfortunately right now both are not set in stone. When will this be addressed?

#286722 Reply

Loyal Water

I’ll make a note of this as a feature request and forward it to the management.

#286761 Reply

davidsos

@support-nipun wrote:

I’ll make a note of this as a feature request and forward it to the management.

Thanks, this would be an important change as it would remove the build dependency between the POJO and data access methods. The whole point of using a POJO is to remove any dependencies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reverse Engineering into separate packages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in