facebook

RFE: Postgresql Database Explorer Plugin Features

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

support-jeff

Postgresql users, what kinds of postgresql-specific support would like to see? I am working on view, stored proc (i.e. function), and trigger source viewing, editing, execution; monitor nodes; languages installed; explain plan. Anything else that would be helpful or that I am glaringly missing?

#222302 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-jeff wrote:

Postgresql users, what kinds of postgresql-specific support would like to see? I am working on view, stored proc (i.e. function), and trigger source viewing, editing, execution; monitor nodes; languages installed; explain plan. Anything else that would be helpful or that I am glaringly missing?

I just shoot off of my head, some of these might already be implemented, or might not be implementable… (naturally all apply to Oracle as well if it is not implemented in the Oracle part yet)

– Run script,
    – recompile storedproc/trigger/view… in database outline view,
    – filter&order in Data browser…,
    – edit in data browser (necessitates commit/rollback&refresh buttons),
    – edit text dialog popping up for large fields and varchars longer than the column or containing linebreak in data browser (or just data field size longer than 20 chars) on double click,
    – reordering the columns in data browser,
    – trace other session (what statement is it currently running, is it blocked, what user is it logged in as)
    – run stored procedure/function with parameters specifiable, output displayable (even as result set(s) if necessary)
    – create index/unique constraint dialog (allow selecting/ordering columns for indexing, selecting possible index types)

– everything what I forgot to mention…

Regards and Happy New Year,

Robert Varga

#222310 Reply

myoungstrom

I don’t know if this is possible but I have a problem that I can’t drop a postgreSQL database that I’m currently connected to. So it would be nice if the Database Explorer connections could have the option to be in “passive” mode or something where a connection is made only during some action and then closed afterwards.

I realize this isn’t a postgresql only feature but the topic got me thinking. 🙂 It would be a nice enhancement.

Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: RFE: Postgresql Database Explorer Plugin Features

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in