facebook

RTF editing capabilities within MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If I have an XLS file (Excel Spreadsheet) within my project and I double click on it, it opens an Excel editor directly within MyEclipse allowing me to edit the spreadsheet in situ.

Is it possible to do the same with RTF? i.e. open up an embedded copy of MS Word?

If I change the “Open With” to “System Editor” it opens it up in Word (the external app) but doesn’t see a SAVE within Word as changing the original file within MyEclipse to the point that it republishes the RTF down to the running Tomcat instance.

Thanks Steve

#287232 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Steve,
    This functionality is sort of a generic system-editor-wrapper. It sounds like you have the RTF opening in Word but you aren’t seeing a Save button? Unfortunately the platform doesn’t have any more control over the embedded app; so if the Save isn’t there, it might be a word issue when it’s embedded or something like that.

Not sure how to help on this one.

#287287 Reply

Whilst assisting a colleague today I noticed that she had an option for “in-place editor” for the RTF files in the project which opened Word “in-frame” within MyEclipse. I don’t have that option for RTF whilst I do for XLS.

How do I enable it for RTF?

Thanks

#287393 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Steve,
    Not sure off hand; it’s an Eclipse platform feature and I don’t know if you do have much control over how it displays.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: RTF editing capabilities within MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in