facebook

Running XDoclet [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My environment is as follows:

Eclipse 2.1.1, MyEclipse 2.5.1, JDK 1.4.2

I’m evaluating MyEclipse for EJB development for deployment on WebLogic 7. I followed the example in the documentation (Working with Enterprise Java Beans). I seemed to work correctly (except that the ide complained that the ejb-jar.xml was empty, but I figured that would get filled out when I ran XDoclet) until I got to the point of running XDoclet. When I select the ‘Run XDoclet’, nothing happens – no code, no errors.

I configured and enabled WebLogic Server in the MyEclipse prefrences and configured XDoclet for the project as the example showed, except I added weblogic instead of jboss. A comment on the project config – after installing MyEclipse, the ‘OK’ button behaves like the ‘Apply’ button. It seems to save everything, but it doesn’t dismiss the dialog; I have to press ‘Cancel’. I found the following exception in the workspace .log file:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Aug 18, 2003 07:54:06.633
    !MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Aug 18, 2003 07:54:06.633
    !MESSAGE
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:56)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.setMessage(Status.java:147)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.<init>(Status.java:66)
    at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.core.AbstractPlugin.wrapException(AbstractPlugin.java:233)
    at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.configuration.ProjectConfigurations.storeConfigurations(ProjectConfigurations.java:196)
    at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.run.ui.properties.ConfigurationPropertyPage.performOk(ConfigurationPropertyPage.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.okPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:671)
    at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.buttonPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:218)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1838)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1545)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.ProjectPropertyDialogAction.run(ProjectPropertyDialogAction.java:91)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:842)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:1838)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1545)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)
    at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)

I tried completely reinstalling Eclipse so it had no third part plugins and then installing MyEclipse again (after uninstalling both of them), but I’m still getting the same behavior with ‘Run XDoclet’.

#197903 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This problem is caused by a bug in the 1.3.1 JVM that you’re using to run Eclipse. Launching Eclipse with JDK 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 will resolve the issue. Here is a thread that runs it down:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/xdoclet-ant-file-not-generated-closed/&highlight=assert+islegal

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197912 Reply

I was running with the 1.4.2 jdk. I tried using 1.4.1_01 jre and the 1.4.2 jre and got the same behavior.

Here’s the command line I’m using to start eclipse:

“C:\Program Files\eclipse\eclipse.exe” -vm C:\usr\java\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\javaw

#197921 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Well, you’ve already tried everything I’d suggest. The only other times we’ve seen this issue was on JDK 1.3.1 and installation of a 1.4.1 JDK has always solved it. Could you email the complete log file to support@my…com and include the full URL for this thread?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198016 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I’m researching your problem report. Have you modified the JDK launch environment for Eclipse in any way, e.g., using the JDK endorsement mechanism to override JDK’s XML parser technology, specified bootclasspath with xalan jars during Eclipse launch, …? From the helpful stacktrace you provided the problem appears to be in an XML/XSL library.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198017 Reply

Zoiks – that was it!

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Running XDoclet [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in