facebook

Runtime Error R6025 "pure virtual function call"

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Since I upgraded from 6.0M1 to 6.0, I see this error quite often (4 times in six hours) when I open a JSP file. It happens when I open the first JSP editor and it also happens when I already have JSP editors open.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program: C:\...\jdk-1.6.0\bin\javaw.exe

R6025
    - pure virtual function call

This didn’t happen with 6.0M1 and since then, I’ve only updated to ME6.0 and PyDev from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8.

I’ve updated like this:

– Deleted the link to 6.0M1
    – Eclipse -clean with a new workspace
    – Installed 6.0ga in a new place
    – Terminated Eclipse
    – Created a link to the new place
    – Started Eclipse
    – Switched back to my original workspace.

I’m using Eclipse 3.3, MyEclipse 6.0ga and Java 1.6.0_01. I’ve tried with Java 1.5.0_10-b03 as well but I get the same error.

On the positive side, it always crashes with the same JSPs, so I guess that there is a pattern. Please send me a private message with an email address where I can send the code.

Regards,

#274479 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    Please send a small test project that exhibits the behavior to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, I’ll take a look right away.

#274485 Reply

Riyad,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have now reinstalled Eclipse and ME but the problem is persistent. It happens every time when I open the JSP which I’ve sent you, even if it is in a pure-Java project.

Regards,

#274487 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Doh, I got the email, but it didn’t have an attachment on it. Resend whenever you get a chance pls.

(if that doesn’t work you can PM me the attachment using the pm button under my name).

#274596 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron got your test, imported it, popped open the JSP and *boom*

Gonna file this one ASAP. Thanks for the test case.

#274601 Reply

Excellent. I like it when it breaks for you, too 🙂

#274796 Reply

edwardjsong

Is there a good workaround to this besides using a seperate editor?

#274797 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron the problem looks to be the iframe in the page making the designer throw up.

The workaround at this time is to use the source editor only. Sorry guys.

#274805 Reply

I can open the file with 6.0M1, so the bug must be some change introduced with 6.0.

Also, I noticed that the editor shows error dialogs when it can’t find a file. For example, when you have code like this:

<IFRAME SRC="<%=request.getContextPath() + AbsServletNamesInterface.ABS_DEPOSIT_SERVLET%>?mode=display">

This is very annoying and I never saw that with 6.0M1, either.

As a quick fix, can’t you make the designer simply ignore the SRC attribute for now?

#274813 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    Sorry for the false positive, unfortunately simply ham-stringing that validation routine to work better in this one case (and forsake the other cases it works well in) is a hard sell to management 😉

I think for the time being it will likely keep that behavior (realistically speaking).

I’m trying to push through the IFRAME issue. It’s targetted for 6.0.1 right now.

#274815 Reply

After some more digging, I found that this code makes the editor crash reliably:

<IFRAME SRC="">

Please make the editor ignore the SRC attribute or at least ignore it when it’s empty. That should be a 2-minute fix.

I can’t see why it bothers with it at all. Code completion at least doesn’t work with things defined in IFRAMEs and validations shouldn’t open error dialogs but add warning markers in the editor frame.

As to your reply: When is 6.0.1 due? Are we talking two weeks or two months here? 🙂

#274816 Reply

I tried to fix the issue by adding a dummy JSP but when ME can load the JSP, it will again crash Eclipse. Only this time, I will simply get an “exit 1” instead of the error above.

This makes life really hard for me. Half of the time when I click on a JSP file in my project, Eclipse will either start to bomb me with error messages or crash on me.

Can you please tell me the difference between “JSP Editor” and “JSP Designer”? The “Editor” seems to behave much better. Can you confirm this?

#274817 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    1. 6.0.1 we want to get out here in a matter of weeks I believe.
    2. The editor *only* loads the source editor. The designer loads the editor, designer and preview panels.
    3. I am discussing with one of the devs right now the possibility of cleaning up how iframes are handled to improve this.

#274822 Reply

The JSP editor loads the file without crashing, so this greatly reduced the pressure for me to have the bug fixed.

Is it possible that the buggy validator is in the designer or the preview panel? If so, then this already resolves the issue for me; I never use the designer.

To make life easier for my co-workers: How can I reliably disable the designer? Currently, I’ve changed the default for the .jsp file association but someone might accidentally reset this, so I’m looking for a more secure way like deleting the designer JAR or the feature for it.

#276748 Reply

fermataintl

I am having this same issue, and, to make matters worse, I cannot open eclipse at all. It crashes every time I attempt to open my workspace. This is probably because I have an “opened” jsp with an iframe in it. How can I make the file not opened?

Dean

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Runtime Error R6025 "pure virtual function call"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in