facebook

Same User, multiple Machines

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A. Rick Anderson
    Participant

At home, for personal development, I have several computers, with different versions of different OS’s installed. Recently, when I purchased the MyEclipse 7.1 upgrade, it complained because it detected the same license on more then one IP address and said that it was disabling multiple features. However, I am the only developer in the house. My kids hate programming.

Obviously, I don’t use the same machine at the same time, and since my development machines are tied to a KVM switch, even when I want to compare the results on different machines, I have to flip between them. But I often will switch between two machines to compare results.

I also am considering using some form of virtualization. Obviously, they would potentially have different IP addresses as well.

Is the issue the fact that two machines can’t both be opened to MyEclipse concurrently, or is there a way that I can “turn-off” one of the machines so that MyEclipse doesn’t assume that I am trying to cheat on my license?

#297290 Reply

Loyal Water

arick,
    This issue is related to the fact that two machines cannot run an instance of the MyEclipse IDE using the same license. You will have to shutdown one instance and then open another instance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Same User, multiple Machines

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in