facebook

Save DataURI image from canvas to iOS photo gallery?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JustJohn

Hello,

I have an application that will allow a user to create some drawings on a HTML canvas and I need to be able to allow the user to then export the image to the photo gallery. Currently, I have code to open the image in a new browser window (which would allow the user to select and save the image) but that is not acceptable for my final product. Is there a way to export the image to the photo gallery?
    I know I can save in SQLLite or localdb but the idea behind this app is that the user needs to have access to the saved image from any other application that requires it. Basically, a user creates an image in my app, saves it to the photo gallery and opens it in another image editing app.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is mobione capable of doing this?
    Sample app attached.

Thanks in advance!

See attachment iOS_TESTER.zip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #333230 Reply

Hi JustJohn,

I’ve escalated this question to our dev team, will follow up with you as soon as I get information from them.

#333258 Reply

JustJohn

Excellent. I’m really hoping there is a solution for this.
    Thank you very much!

#333331 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@JustJohn

From my research there is not an api to save an image to the gallery. The core cordova/phonegap apis used by the MobiOne App Builder provide saving to the gallery as a side-effect of capturing an image with the camera. But there is no direct save to gallery functionality for images in general.

#333333 Reply

JustJohn

Hi Wayne,

I found the same thing so far. I’ll keep looking but I just wanted to see if you guys knew of anything that I missed.

Edit: Is there any way that I can incorporate phonegap plugins? There may be a plugin out there (or I could create one) that would expose access to the camera roll.

Thanks for looking into this for me,

John

#333338 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

> Is there any way that I can incorporate phonegap plugins?

Not yet. But this is one of our areas for improvement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Save DataURI image from canvas to iOS photo gallery?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in