facebook

Save failed: null when using .xml editor [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rockitrod

Using Eclipse 3.0.1 with MyEclipse 3.8.1., I started getting errors during the save for a configuration file (i.e. navigation-config.xml, web.xml). I updated MyEclipse to 3.8.3 yet still I have this problem. It’s causing me to use two editors for my development. How do I workaround this?

Thanks.
    Lorinda

#221248 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Lorinda,
    Shut down Eclipse and try restarting it with the -clean command line argument added to your shortcut, let Eclipse rebuild its plugin cache and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn’t, please paste the result of Help > About > Configuration Details for us to look at.

#221420 Reply

rockitrod

Riyad,

Thanks for your quick response. The problem was not MyEclipse.

I had an expired version of Exadel’s JSF Studio installed. It was the default XML editor. So, each time I tried to save, paste, etc… I received errors because I was in their editor. As a workaround, I started to manually select ‘MyEclipse XML Editor’.

I just uninstalled the exadel plugins and did a clean. Everything’s fine now.

Lorinda

#221421 Reply

Riyad Kalla

glad to hear its working now.

#224059 Reply

spivee

Even though the problem is not with MyEclipse, I thought I’d post a follow-up for this issue as I have found another cause, just in case somebody else is searching for a solution.

I installed the VI editor for Eclipse (version 1.10.6 from http://satokar.com/viplugin/index.php). This caused the same errors. The editor generally worked well, but I did recieve the Save Failed:null error when trying to save my struts-config.xml files. I had no problems with any other files (even other xml files).

Closing the file (without saving), turning off the editor, reopening the file and making the changes again (without the vi editor) seems to allow saving of files.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Save failed: null when using .xml editor [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in