facebook

Scaffolding from databse SQLServer

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

invantix

BTW,
    I created a new user that defaults to my database and passed the database on the URL and that still did not work. I tested with both our servers, SQL 2000 and SQL 2008 and neither would work. I have a CRUD tool to develop for the sales group to udate their sales forecast, three tables, and I was hoping to use this. I am soon going to have to resort to other measures. I would love to figure out what in your environment allowed you to connect. I followed your example exactly. Are you on the ME4S team.

#311239 Reply

davemeurer

Yes, I’m on the ME4S team. Please feel free to email me at dmeurer [at] skywaysoftware[dot]com for a live session to troubleshoot.

If we can’t get it working, there may be other options. For example:

1. Use the MyEclipse JPA Reverse Engineering, and then Scaffold JPA
    2. Send me the schema and I can try and scaffold it on my local SQL Server

Kind regards,
    Dave

#311251 Reply

davemeurer

Hello,

I believe I’ve found part of the issue. It appears the MS SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0 does not work with our scaffolding functionality. The 3.0 SQL Server JDBC Driver does work, and looking at the 3.0 release notes, I see the following as a fix:

411695 getSchemas should return schema information
    In previous versions of the driver, the driver returned user information instead of
    the schema information.The driver will now return schema information and supports pattern
    matching for schema name per JDBC spec

This makes sense since the scaffolding wizard was not populating the schema information with the 2.0 driver.

Another thing to note: When switching JARs in the data connection, some caching is going on with the JAR that prevents the scaffolding wizard to use the new JAR. So, if you are using the 2.0 JAR in a current connection, you will need to either delete that connection, create a new one – or switch the JARs in the connection and restart ME4S.

Kind regards,
    Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Scaffolding from databse SQLServer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in