facebook

Scaffolding Tutorial – No code is generated

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Glen Ihrig

This message has not been recovered.

#306215 Reply

Heflin Hogan

Hi Glen,

Can you check and make sure there’s a file named org.skyway.integration.java.spring_7.0.0.201002041409.jar in your Genuitec/Common/plugins directory, and that it contains the .jet files MyEclipse is looking for?

-Heflin

#306217 Reply

Glen Ihrig

Hi Heflin,

The file _does_ exist and it contains a ‘templates’ folder with many, but not all, of the files listed in the error log.

For example, the error log lists files that _do_ exist in the templates folder and the templates/config folder, among others,
    and files from templates/config/web _are_ listed in the log, but there is no templates/config/web folder.

Looking over what is missing, listed in the error log but not in the file, it seems many, possibly all such files are related to
    Skyway EE features. e.g. Web Services and EE web containers, etc.

Could this problem be related in some way to having a licensed Skyway EE 6.3.1 instance installed on the same machine, in a separate Eclipse Java EE Ganymede ?

-Glen

#306262 Reply

Heflin Hogan

That’s odd. Having an instance of Skyway 6.3 shouldn’t have any effect on your MyEclipse installation. I have at least 4 6.3 instances on my machine. The only thing I can think of is that the MyEclipse Pro installation process allows you to select an existing Eclipse to install over, but you’d have had to actively select your existing Eclipse directory.

I’ll have to spin through the tutorial on a Mac and see if I get the same behavior you are seeing.

#307138 Reply

Doug Warren
    Participant

I have the same problem – no code is generated for scaffolding based on the webinar carshow example. I receive all the errors about “Unable to load artifact definition for templates/…” also. I won’t upgrade my Pro license until I can verify that MyEclipse for Spring actually works. I’m running on MyEclipse Pro 8.0 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) using Java 5 (since I have on old 32-bit Intel MacBookPro, which doesn’t support Java 6.

Doug Warren

#307183 Reply

Heflin Hogan

Hi Doug,

We’ve gone GA with MyEclipse for Spring 8.5 today. Could you try that and let us know if you still experience any problems with code gen?

-Heflin

#307211 Reply

Glen Ihrig

@hhogan wrote:

Hi Doug,

We’ve gone GA with MyEclipse for Spring 8.5 today. Could you try that and let us know if you still experience any problems with code gen?

-Heflin

Hi Heflin,

As near as I can tell, ME4S does not have a trial mode. I have installed, but everything I do produces a subscription problem dialog telling me that even the database explorer require a MyEclipse for Spring subscription. Still waiting to here from Genuitec Subscriptions…

Bottom line, here’s a request (recommendation, actually) for a 30 day trial.

Best,

-Glen

#307226 Reply

davemeurer

Hi Glen,

MyEclipse for Spring does not work with other MyEclipse licenses, so to start the ME4S trial, please remove your current MyEclipse subscription information and restart MyEclipse for Spring.

-Dave

#307238 Reply

Doug Warren
    Participant

I also tried downloading the GA version, but discovered I could not try it out since I already have a MyEclipse Pro subscription. There does not appear to be any way to remove the existing MyEclipse subscription information that I can see in Preferences. If you clear out the information, the only option available is Cancel. Is there some trick to remove the subscription information that you can reveal so I can try MyEclipse for Spring to make sure it works before buying it today.

#307240 Reply

davemeurer

Hello,

Take a look at the user directory, and you should see a .myeclipse.properties file where you can take out the subscription information.

#307262 Reply

Glen Ihrig

That worked.

The GA version worked flawlessly as far as the Scaffolding tutorial is concerned.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

-Glen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Scaffolding Tutorial – No code is generated

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in