facebook

SDC installation problem on 64-bit RHEL

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

polijnyk

I get the following error when trying to install SDC on a new RHEL box. I have no idea how to proceed (if libraries are missing, which ones should I isntall? Should I be running a 32-bit OS?).
    Anyone run into this before?

Installation problem
    You can retry again later or click Show to see a support bundle with information Delivery Center Server

Description of Problem
    The server did not start up and no log file was produced. Typically this is indicative of a low-level operating system incompatibility running the software. On Linux, this can be due to 32-bit libraries missing on a 64-bit operating system install.

#338672 Reply

sdc-support

Hello,

We had a user who happened to have to same issue as yours. This is what was suggested. Can you please go through the below and see if it helps at your end.
    Either way, please attach the support bundle that you have when it failed the first time.

“We have tried to install Delivery Center Server on CentOS 64 bit, open source version of RHEL Server, and this are our
    observations:

1. To be able to run java on 32 bit the package “libstdc++.i686” is requried, so doing “yum install libstdc++.i686” will allow you to run java 32 bit on a CentOS 64 bit.
    2. If you are trying to run the SDC installer with a 64 bit JVM only installing the “libstdc++.i686” will allow you to install and run SDC Server, in the best case this is what your system needs.

3. There are some cases where the system already has a 32 bit JVM running, this implies that it already has the “libstdc++.i686”, now with this configuration you will also need to have installed “gtk2.i686″ in order to run the SDC Server installer with a 32 bit JVM.”

Thanks

Best Regards
    Radhika – SDC Support.

#338693 Reply

polijnyk

Yes this worked, thanks.

#338701 Reply

sdc-support

Glad to hear it worked.

Apologize for a slight delay in getting back to you.

Thanks

Best Regards
    Radhika – SDC Support.

#451508 Reply

k.nguyen
    Participant

I am running myeclipse-2015-stable-2.0-offline-installer-linux.run to install myeclipse on my red hat box.

The process started but failed with the following messages. Can any one help?

Starting installer – please wait…
    – Preparing install engine
    – Extracted install engine
    – Detected JVM architecture: 64 bit
    – Launching install engine; waiting for completion
    – Exited install engine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: SDC installation problem on 64-bit RHEL

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in