facebook

services.xml not getting redeployed

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bobcoss

I’ve been messing around with the Webservices tools, and noticed that on subsequent redeploys, the /web-inf/classes/meta-inf/xfire/services.xml is not being copied from the project to the exploded subdirectory.

My Environment:

ME 5 M2
    Eclilpse 3.2
    Weblogic 8.1 SP4

I followed the tutorial, created the deployment using my weblogic 8.1 configuration, deployed in an exploded format.
    Later, I had to modify things, so I undeployed, made my changes, and redeployed, and now I cannot get the deployment wizard to deploy from the services.xml file. It won’t even create the meta-inf subdirectory.

Thanks,

Bob

#254588 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bob,

Can you verify that the services.xml file in your project is OK? you can look at the MyEclipse-Web Serices project properties page, which specifies the location of the file. You should be editing this file; an internal builder will copy this file into the classes path in your project so that it will be automatically deployed – this version is not to be edited.

You might already be following the above, but I just wanted to confirm this with you.
    Also confirm that you actually “remove depployment” and then deploy again, not not simply “redeploy”.

Are there any errors in the log? Does touching the web.xml file help?

Best,
    Brian.

#254630 Reply

bobcoss

I verified, that the services.xml file is fine. I did a “remove deployemt”, and then did a new deployement and the meta-inf subdirectory doesn’t get copied.

Then I turned off autobuild, Did another “remove deployement”, did a clean project, build, and new deploy, and the subdirectories and the services.xml got copied.

It looks like a bug to me. It works the first time, but not subsequent times.

Bob

#254632 Reply

bobcoss

Oh, and when hitting the “redeploy” button, the meta-info subdirectory is removed along with the services.xml. I never touched the services.xml in the application.

#254752 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bob,

I investigated this issue, and noticed a problem with deployment and redeployment if we had an explorer window open inside the deployment folder. Our team is having a look at this now.

If I didn’t have something pointed to my deployment folder, redeploy and remove deployment worked just fine for repeated attempts. The service.xml file was consistently copied.
    You might have had an explorer window pointed to your deployment folder in case you were examining it for deployment issues.

Could you let us know if this was the case with you? Does closing the explorer windows help?

Best,
    Brian.

#254827 Reply

bobcoss

Yes, I do believe I had the windows explorer open looking to see what files were copied. I’ll try deploying with it closed on Monday. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: services.xml not getting redeployed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in