facebook

Setting build paths when importing existing RAD 6.0 projects

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mccoole

I’m trying to pull in an existing set of projects that we currently have running on RAD 6. One of the things that I am having difficulty with is resolving a build path dependency that is referred to as the Websphere Library in RAD.

Is there an easy way to do this in MyEclipse Blue, like adding the Websphere JVM library, or do I have to create a library definition of my own?

It would seem that this would be something that the IDE should understand especially if one were to try to use it in tandem with RAD as the announcement suggests.

Thanks,
    Steve

#281743 Reply

Greg

Hey Steve,

When you configure your WAS server in MyEclipse Blue, we automatically create a JDK in MyEclipse that is used to launch/debug that server. You could configure your projects to use this as their JDK.

1. Ensure that you have a correctly configured WAS Blue connector
    2. Right-click your project choose Build Path > Configure Build Path
    3. Switch to Libraries tab and remove the default JRE that is configured
    4. Select “Add library”, then select JRE System library, then select “Alternate JRE”, then from dropdown you can select the appropriate Websphere JDK

As far as the Websphere Library in RAD, what APIs are you missing specifically? That info will help us determine our options.

#281745 Reply

mccoole

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, what you described is exactly what I did for the WAS JDK after I set up the server.

I can’t give you full list, since I am not in front of my work computer at the moment but I know for sure that the project was missing JMS and a core XML api (but I can’t remember which one). I will add more detail in the morning.

Thanks,
    Steve

#281765 Reply

mccoole

Here are more details. The actual name of the library in RAD is WebSphere v6.0 Runtime. Basically it looks like it includes all the jar files necessary to build against J2EE and websphere specific APIs for projects. The libraries come out of the runtimes/base_v6/lib and runtimes/base_v6/installedChannels directories but do not use all of the jar files in them. I can send a list of the jar files if desired but it is fairly long.

If you edit this Library definition in the configuration it identifies it as a Classpath Container. The dialog says “Edit the classpath container path. First segment is the container type.” The value set in RAD is:

com.ibm.wtp.server.java.core.container/com.ibm.ws.ast.st.runtime.core.runtimeTarget.v60/was.base.v6

#282930 Reply

ayang

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Setting build paths when importing existing RAD 6.0 projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in