facebook

Setup of MyFaces configuration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Frank Weber

When a simple MyFaces application is deployed this is reported: ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

Please give me a hint what I might have missed.

Workflow:
    – undeployed all JSF RI applications
    – added the jars from myfaces-1.0.9 /lib under JSF Project Capabilities
    – created new Web Project
    – added JSF to project
    – imported myfaces-1.0.9/blank/web.xml to WEB-INF
    – added index.html and test JSF page that worked under JSF RI
    – deployed it …

Error Message:
    12:34:45,731 ERROR [Engine] StandardContext[/NewFaces]Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

Versions used:
    myeclipse_030804_3.1Beta
    eclipse-SDK-3.1M4-linux-gtk.zip
    jboss-4.0.1sp1

Thanks in advance,

Frank

#228321 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to OT > Soft Dev, this is not an ME issue, this is a “RI -> MyFaces” issue.

12:34:45,731 ERROR [Engine] StandardContext[/NewFaces]Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

From this line it looks like you have a Listener registered in your web.xml file that only existed in the RI and now with MyFaces no longer exists. I would suggest you comment out all your listeners and then add them back one at a time.

#228331 Reply

Frank Weber

Riyad,

Thanks for your feedback. Does the Sync-on-Demand work with MyFaces in your case?

The web.xml in use is copied over from myfaces-1.0.9/blank/ and does not include any reference to ‘com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener’ !

The only listener definition is:
    <listener-class>
    org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
    </listener-class>

To me this looks correct. I will try to run the MyFaces examples on my JBoss installation …

Please do you have any other idea what I could check out?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

#228332 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Does the Sync-on-Demand work with MyFaces in your case?

It depends, from my experience with 1.1_01 RI and 1.0.7 of MyFaces there were still horrific caching issues that drove me crazy with the Panel and Grid components… the caches wouldn’t invalid even on fresh pages and entire recompiled, I have no idea why but the server side component tree was just sitting there stale as can be… the only thing that would work is restarting the web context or the server, neither of which I liked to do. This wasn’t a MyEclipse issue, just how JSF’s caching wasn’t staying in an accurate state.

To me this looks correct. I will try to run the MyFaces examples on my JBoss installation …

Hmm it looks correct to me as well. I wonder if your app server has some JSF libraries in it’s common/lib or /lib directory taht might be conflicting with MYFaces, you might want to double check that.

#229172 Reply

riekert

Hi,
    I got the same trouble when using MyFaces with Tomcat 5.5. I checked wether there are libraries in the common-area of the web-container but did not find anything. In addition all MyFaces-Examples work fine outside from MyEclipse…

Do you have any more ideas, what the problem could be? When adding the JSF RI-Jars to my project, this error does not longer appear but instead of that another error pops up…

Best regards,

Rainer

#229181 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rainer I need some more detail from you, like what your project looks like, what your webroot is set to, what libraries are in your WEB-INF/lib dir and which ones are in your build path, etc.?

#229312 Reply

riekert

Riyad….
    thanks.. the problem disapeared…. I really mixed up the RI and MyFaces-Libraries.

best regards…
    Rainer

#252649 Reply

schanamolu

Hi,

Iam created a sample JSF project using myeclipse 4.1.1, eclipse 3.1.2 with myeclipse/Add JSF Capablities.

I added Spring & Hibernate capabilites to this project. I deployed in Tomcat 5.5.16 server.

The following Libraries are added to the Web-INF/lib folder.

commons-beanutils.jar
    commons-collections.jar
    commons-digester.jar
    commons-logging.jar
    jsf-api.jar
    jsf-impl.jar
    jstl.jar

standard.jar

When I started the tomcatsevrer i got the following exeception.

Any help would be apprciated.

NFO: XML validation disabled
    May 26, 2006 3:27:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1352)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1198)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3677)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4183)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:608)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1112)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
    May 26, 2006 3:27:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
    May 26, 2006 3:27:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Error listenerStart
    May 26, 2006 3:27:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Context [/host-manager] startup failed due to previous errors
    May 26, 2006 3:27:44 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
    SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1352)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1198)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3677)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4183)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:608)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1112)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:275)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

#252714 Reply

Kusti

Hi,

I’m trying to configure MyEclipse+MyFaces -combination. When I run my program I get the following error message:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlButtonRenderer
    at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.configure(ConfigureListener.java:876)
    at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.configure(ConfigureListener.java:925)
    etc.

The program is an example from a tutorial so there’s nothing wrong with the code. Does anyone have any idea what might by causing this? Am I missing some critical libraries? I can give some more information about my project if needed.

regards,
    Juho

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Setup of MyFaces configuration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in