facebook

Should I install a version from Registered Members area?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ivan

I have Eclipse 2.1.2 installed and MyEclipse 2.6.200. But I just subscribed and now I’m not sure if I should install GA 2.7 or if I should install 3.7 RC2 from the Registered Members area… what are the differences? Which should I install?

Thanks,
    Ivan

#204743 Reply

b0rg

ME 2.* is for Eclipse 2.* <– stick with this one, until Eclipse 3 is released (my very personal advice)
    ME 3.* is for Eclipse 3.*

Victor

#204747 Reply

Ivan

It sounds like even though I am now subscribed, I should not install any of the 3.* version found in the Registered Members area, and instead stick with 2.7 GA… correct? Furthermore, I attempted to upgrade my 2.6.200 install by going into the Feature Updates perspective as stated in the instructions (from the link in this forum) and it did not work. MyEclipse application only detects ver. 2.6.200 which I already have installed, and it never detects 2.7.

#204750 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ivan,
    Victor is absolutely right about the version numbers (and I agree with his suggestion about sticking with 2.x until 3 goes final). Also as far as not seeing the update in the update manager, I’m asumming you saw this link:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/update-site-search-doesn-t-list-2-7-0ga-closed/

and if that didn’t work, the quick way is to downlaod MyEclipse 2.7 GA Manual Install (its a zip). Then unzip it someplace, and go into your <eclipse install>\links directory, and edit the MyEclipse file, and change the path to point to the new location… walla all done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Should I install a version from Registered Members area?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in