facebook

Small 5.0 bugs in HQL Editor and Derby

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Werner Punz

Ok here we go, I gave the 5.0M1 a testrun yesterday, neat stuff, but as expected some bugs have crept up.

a) I connected myself to an existing derby db and created a table, the creation string was entirely correct (excellent)
    then I created an orm mapping via the hibernate reverse engineering tool, worked so far as well, but as soon as I triggered the hql editor and pushed in a query, it bombed eclipse with an exception.

b) I tried to fill the empty table with data, I could not figure out a correct where clause which allowed me to open the table edit feature (1 = 1 which I normally use did not work, neither did id < 10 or something else)

c) Add that as an enhancement request, Derby is not covered yet in the list, neither does it seem to be possible to create a new db

Besides that, I tried to push Dali in as a test for the codebase level, worked out of the box

Excellent release so far, given the flakeyness of the WTP and the DBTP….

#252336 Reply

Werner Punz

Add to that that there seems to be a nasty bug in the javascript code formatter, which is triggered on one of my javascript files, I would love to send in the file so that you guys can look deeper into the problem. Also add as an enhancement request, but I need a mail address where I can send it in, Crud generation from the db schema into jsf ;-).

#252344 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’m moving this to the database tools forum so the write developers will see the issues.

As for the javascript formatting issue, please email the file to us at support@genuitec.com and please include a link to this forum post so we know where to reply when we receive it. 🙂

#252351 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Werpu,

but as soon as I triggered the hql editor and pushed in a query, it bombed eclipse with an exception.

Could you give us more details of the exception thrown while using the HQL editor? Did you see the query being translated as you typed it in or did it bomb out before then? Have you tried other queries?

The HQL feature set is brand new in this version, so the more details you can give us, the better. The exception’s stack trace is the most important, of course.

Add that as an enhancement request, Derby is not covered yet in the list, neither does it seem to be possible to create a new db

Do you mean the list of driver templates? And when you say “new db” I assume you’re talking about a wizard just like our new table wizard, but at a higher level to create the database or schema?

Best,
    Brian.

#252352 Reply

Haris Peco

b) I tried to fill the empty table with data, I could not figure out a correct where clause which allowed me to open the table edit feature (1 = 1 which I normally use did not work, neither did id < 10 or something else)

Edit data (i suppose that you talk about ‘edit data’) doesn’t work with derby jdbc (and universal db2 for derby, too), because this jdbc doesn’t support updatable result set – you can see message in status area of dialog.

Best

#252399 Reply

Werner Punz

Yes the edit data was the problem, thanks for the explanation, that makes perfect sense.
    As for the other thing. What I did was to open an existing empty table, and then did a simple hql select statement, and the hql editor crashed the entire Eclipse.
    I do not have access to my installation currently, but I will post the exact exception later.

#252414 Reply

Haris Peco

werpu,

Crash eclipse or exception ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Small 5.0 bugs in HQL Editor and Derby

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in