facebook

SolarEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jsents

I installed MyEclipse to the 2.1.0 Workbench and had the following plugins already installed,

SolarEclipse
    EasyStruts

To make SolarEclipse work (New XML editing features) I ended up updating SolarEclipse after the Install of MyEclipse. I notice MyEclipse has some of the solarEclipse jars. All seems to be working now. Just wondering if I am breaking something in MyEclipse and when I install the new update (MyEclipse EA2) will I need to re-update solarEclipse?

Thanks
    Josh

#196356 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

In version 2.0.3 of the Enterprise Workbench we use SolarEclipse as the XML editor, which is why we’re shipping its jars. Since we’re using the latest version (0.4.0) within MyEclipse you shouldn’t really be adding it to your Eclipse installation manually. This is probably why you’re experiencing erratic behavior.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196357 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

In version 2.0.3 of the Enterprise Workbench we use SolarEclipse as the XML editor, which is why we’re shipping its jars. Since we’re using the latest version (0.4.0) within MyEclipse you shouldn’t really be adding it to your Eclipse installation manually. This is probably why you’re experiencing this behavior.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196361 Reply

jsents

Thanks Scott,

That makes sense. Do you have a published list of included plug-ins? That way I can make sure I am not causing interferance with MyEclipse.

By the way, the JSP compiler is great and I love the server plugins. I can’t wait for the next release with the build utilities.

Thanks again,
    Josh

#196362 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Josh,

Do you have a published list of included plug-ins? That way I can make sure I am not causing interferance with MyEclipse.

We thought about that, but it really shouldn’t be necessary. Since our installation model is as a “product extension” to Eclipse, the Eclipse loader will take the latest versions of any plugins from within either Eclipse or MyEclipse. Since we always raise the version numbers on all included external products to the MyEclipse version number, the MyEclipse version of the product should be loaded while the version in the workbench should be ignored.

However, that would mean that you never should’ve seen any problems with having SolarEclipse installed in your workspace, which was apparently not the case. Or, in retrospect, could you have simply been confused about “whose” SolarEclipse was being used?

By the way, the JSP compiler is great and I love the server plugins.

Thanks for the kudos. Developers run on them.

I can’t wait for the next release with the build utilities.

Neither can our consulting group. We “eat or own dog food” by using our own tools and this was an area that we had a lot of internal pressure to add.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: SolarEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in