facebook

[Solved] Unnable install new software with proxy

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

maiconramones
    Participant

I tried install new software with MyEclipse Configuration Center but in my company I use proxy.

I configured all configurations possible in Window -> Preferences -> Network Connections (Direct or Manual or Native) the MyEclipse doesn’t connect in update site.

Opening the Internal Web Browser it’s ok.

I need install Mercurial plugin in my company.

Waiting one idea, please.

#323846 Reply

support-joy

maiconramones,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Please provide below details –
    1. Provide installation details. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details > [Copy to Clipboard] and paste the same here
    2. Could you provide screenshot of Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections
    3. Also provide screenshot of Window > Preferences > Pulse > Network Settings
    4. Could you elaborate how did you try to add Mercurial plugin and what is the issue you are seeing? If you have used an update site, please share the same. Else if you have downloaded mercurial plugin then share the weblink to download the same.
    5. Please attach a screenshot of the issue to help me get a visual
    6. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here

#323856 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

I will answer your questions in a few posts to facilitate the visualization. Let’s go… [Sorry my english]

1. Provide installation details. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details > [Copy to Clipboard] and paste the same here

Answer:

*** Date:
    Quinta-feira, 1 de Março de 2012 11h03min34s BRT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100723

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6
    Build id: 8.6-20100723

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\maicon.luz\AppData\Local\MyEclipse\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\maicon.luz\AppData\Local\MyEclipse\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\maicon.luz\AppData\Local\MyEclipse\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Users/maicon.luz/AppData/Local/MyEclipse/MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Users/maicon.luz/AppData/Local/MyEclipse/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

#323857 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

Screenshots..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #323858 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

Continuing…

4. Could you elaborate how did you try to add Mercurial plugin and what is the issue you are seeing? If you have used an update site, please share the same. Else if you have downloaded mercurial plugin then share the weblink to download the same.
    Answer:
    I tried with update site.
    Site: http://javaforge.com/project/HGE
    Update Site: http://cbes.javaforge.com/update

I tested with no proxy and works fine, also works in MyEclipse 9…

Attachments:
    #323859 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

6. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here

Answer: No logs

#323876 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

maiconramones,

Just to be clear:

1. You have tried all proxy Active Provider settings and you cannot connect to the update site with any of them. Is that correct?
    2. You can open the internal web browser and browse Web pages, with any of the Active Provider settings. Is that correct?
    3. You said, “I tested with no proxy and works fine”. Could you explain? “No proxy” is a Direct connection but you wrote, in the first post, that you tried the Direct Active Provider setting and had problems. This is confusing.
    4. Your screenshot of the Configuration Center shows that a connection with the MyEclipse news sites couldn’t be made. This indicates that you need to set up a proxy. Does the same error occur with other settings of the Active Provider?
    5. Please retry and then attach the latest logs you find in the Common\logs folder of your installation. Look for logs that were modified around the time you tried to connect to the update site. They should have names that begin with “profile-rmb”, “installer-console” and “explorer-console”.

One thing you could try:

If you can get to the update site in a normal browser, without a proxy, then, in the Configuration Center, right click on the update site in My Software, on the Software page, and select View Details. Select the “Connect directly to host” option and then click “finished viewing details”. Now see if the update site shows any contents.

Alternatively, if you can download the plug-in, then it can be copied to the dropins folder of the MyEclipse installation and this would install it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t see a true download link on the site you gave, but you could try asking on their forum. Or, if you can get the associated jar file, or files, from a colleague, you may be able to install by placing them in the dropins folder.

In any case, please provide the requested information and let us know if any of these suggestions help.

#324015 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

Hi tony,

1 – yes
    2 – yes
    3 – “I tested with no proxy and works fine” in other network where isn’t necessary proxy configuration
    4 – yes
    5 – See forum.zip

With dropins folder works fine.

Tks Tony

Attachments:
    #324038 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

maiconramones,

It looks like you were getting timeouts, rather than being unable to reach the update site (or the MyEclipse news sites). Unfortunately, there is no way to tune the timeout value but it might be related to your company’s proxy server, in some way.

Anyway, I’m glad you managed to get the plug-in installed via the dropins folder.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

#324049 Reply

maiconramones
    Participant

Thanks for your support.

I have only one question, where can I find more details about dropins folder?

Regards

#324088 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: [Solved] Unnable install new software with proxy

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in