facebook

Spring dm Server and Springsource Tool Suite Support

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Blue Feature Requests
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

We’re considering supporting our application and development on the Springsource dm Server, but are already a MyEclipse shop. It would be a shame to have to drop MyEclipse in order to use the Springsource tool suite plugins b/c they are incompatible or not supported by MyEclipse.

A quick try with ME7.5 would not allow me to import/add their plugins – too many dependency problems and conflicts.

So, please consider this my vote to add support for the server and tool suite plugins.

Thanks!

#302664 Reply

J.C. Hamlin
    Participant

I agree. We’re moving away from monolithic EAR files and EJB to Spring, OSGi, Dynamic Modules, and modular web applications. Having to choose between the right technology for the business (Spring dm server and its associated toolset, SpringSource Tool Suite [STS]) and the features of the MyEclipse IDE, is not a very pleasant choice. The right technology for the business (and thus STS) would probably win, and we’ll miss out on a lot of the great features of the MyEclipse IDE unless we can plug in the STS into MyEclipse (or it comes bundled with it already).

So, here’s our vote for support for the STS in MyEclipse. 75 licenses, 75 votes for. 🙂

-J.C.

#303265 Reply

support-joy

Thank you Scott, Hamlin for posting your feature request. I have escalated the same to our management and added it to our issue tracker list.

#304899 Reply

ejvyas

This message has not been recovered.

#304938 Reply

Loyal Water

This message has not been recovered.

#307733 Reply

Roger

Now that 8.5 is out, what are the chances of STS integration being there for 9.0? If its not present for 9.0, my current subscription will most probably the last one and will get my development team to use STS instead.

NOTE: We are not prepared to pay $200/y for MyEclipseIDE for Spring. $60/y is high enough already

#307734 Reply

Roger

Now that 8.5 is out, what are the chances of STS integration being there for 9.0? If its not present for 9.0, my current subscription will most probably the last one and will get my development team to use STS instead.

NOTE: We are not prepared to pay $200/y for MyEclipseIDE for Spring. $60/y is high enough already

#307735 Reply

Roger

#307736 Reply

Roger

#307752 Reply

support-joy

rcr1997,

I have replied to your feature request query here – ttp://myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=115497#115497

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Spring dm Server and Springsource Tool Suite Support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in