facebook

Spring dtd error popup

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dombat

Hi
    3.8.1 GA
    If I try to open a Spring application-context.xml using the xml editor, the source and design views are ok, but an Errors Opening Operation popup opens containing this message copied from my .log
    (spring-beans.dtd is at the right place)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 août 26, 2004 16:40:18.904
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “loading c:/eclipse/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.webtooling.system.dtds_13.8.1/dtds/spring-beans.dtd”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.dtd.CMDocumentFactoryDTD.createCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.CMPlugin.createCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.modelqueryimpl.CMDocumentManagerImpl.buildCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.modelqueryimpl.CMDocumentManagerImpl$AsyncBuildOperation.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.modelqueryimpl.CMDocumentManagerImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

I’m having the same problem with any *.hbm.xml file about hibernate-mapping-2.0.dtd

Dom

#213579 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you double check that you had the dir/file in: <myeclipse install dir>\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.dtd_13.8.1

Also what is the Build ID of Eclipse that you are using? Did you apply the quick fixes?

#213582 Reply

dombat

I also have the MyEclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.dtd_13.8.1
    3.0, quick fix 2
    This doesn’t happen if I start eclipse with -clean
    Dom

#213587 Reply

dombat

After applying fix 2 the message is now :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 août 26, 2004 17:18:13.395
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “loading c:/eclipse/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.webtooling.system.dtds_13.8.1/dtds/spring-beans.dtd”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.impl.DTDFactoryImpl.createDTDEnumerationType(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.createDTDEnumeration(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.finishAttribute(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.addAttribute(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.createAttributes(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.processAttList(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.addAttlistAndContentModel(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDModelBuilder.visitDTD(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDUtil.populateDTD(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDUtil.populateDTD(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.dtd.util.DTDUtil.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.dtd.DTDImpl.buildDTDModel(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.dtd.DTDImpl.buildCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.dtd.CMDocumentFactoryDTD.createCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.CMPlugin.createCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.modelqueryimpl.CMDocumentManagerImpl.buildCMDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.modelqueryimpl.CMDocumentManagerImpl$AsyncBuildOperation.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.etools.contentmodel.modelqueryimpl.CMDocumentManagerImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

#213594 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This sounds like it might be a quickfix installation issue. Please see:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3503-highlight-quickfix.html

to see if that applies.

#213595 Reply

snpe

I have spring xml file and it validate correct
    You have wrong instalation ME or wrong JDK (< 1.4)

regards

#213597 Reply

dombat

I’m using j2sdk1.4.2_05
    I’ve installed ME by hand using the zip file, as usual
    I’ll try a complete reinstall later

#213599 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Actually Dom, I’m not sure that’s needed.

If it works with clean, but not without clean then shut down Eclipse, remove the <eclipse dir>\configuration directory, start Eclispe back up and re-add MyEclipse extension via the Help > Software Update > Manage Configurations… mechanism per the manual install instructions.

We saw another case where someone had something only work when they used -clean, and the trick for them was to completely remove the config cache and let Eclipse rebuild it (the /configuration dir).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Spring dtd error popup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in