facebook

Spring error messages in MyEclipse 5.1 GA

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tarantula
    Participant

Hello,

I recently upgraded from MyEclipse 5.0 to MyEclipse 5.1 GA (Windows XP) for the Spring IDE update and now the error messages in my Spring configuration files simply show up as:

!BeansConfigValidator.problemMarket_Parent_Bean!

Is this a Spring IDE issue or a MyEclipse issue?

I tried to downgrade back to MyEclipse 5.0 (after importing all my existing projects into MyEclipse 5.1) but this caused new errors such as “Problem occurred while refreshing workspace – NullPointerException”, so it looks like downgrading is impossible.

Can you help?

Thanks,
    Ian

#263126 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ian,
    Do you have both SpringIDE and ME installed, or just ME 5.1? Also is the problem easy to reproduce? I would be curious if creating a new workspace (File > switch workspace > c:\tempworkspace, hit OK to restart) and then trying to recreate the same problem with a new project in the same workspace (maybe copy the file over or import the project?) would shine some light on the issue for us.

Also when you get a chance, please paste the result of MyEclipse > Installation Summary > INstallation Details here for me.

#263243 Reply

tarantula
    Participant

Hey Riyad,

I am not running Spring IDE alongside MyEclipse, just MyEclipse.

I tried creating a new workspace and importing the projects, but the problem persists.

The only thing I’m doing which is probably not supported by your tool is mixing Spring 2.0 config files (based on XML schema) with Spring 1.x config files (based on DTD).

At first the only issue was validation errors on the auto-generated “singleton” attribute (it no longer exists in Spring 2.0) which was fine and easy to work around, but this recent problem of missing error messages is much harder to deal with. I can’t see how this could be causing the !BeansConfigValidator.problemMarker_Parent_Bean! missing resource message.

Also, I have noticed that my Spring-capable projects seem to forget their Spring configuration files… after a couple of restarts I noticed the applicationContext.xml files have lost their “S” annotation indicating they are not recognized as Spring context files for that project. This has happened several times.

I am working on about 10-12 projects simultaneously (with references to each other) and this is really slowing me down. Not having Spring error messages is a major stumbling block.

Here is the information you requested:

*** Date:
    Saturday, December 9, 2006 4:57:16 PM EST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_08

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 5.1.0 GA
    Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.1.0 GA
    Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.1.v20060921
    Build id: 20060921-1617

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060921-b_XVA-INSQSyMtx
    Build id: M20060921-0945

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060801-2ekW2BxmcpPUOoq

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060905-R4CM1Znkvre9wC-

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060801-tQ1w49KnTArT0FZ

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.1.0 GA\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    1390_b0
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.1.0 GA\jre\bin\javaw.exe

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Ian

#263277 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The only thing I’m doing which is probably not supported by your tool is mixing Spring 2.0 config files (based on XML schema) with Spring 1.x config files (based on DTD).

Ahh, we haven’t added Spring 2.0 support yet, that could very well be it.

Also, I have noticed that my Spring-capable projects seem to forget their Spring configuration files… after a couple of restarts I noticed the applicationContext.xml files have lost their “S” annotation indicating they are not recognized as Spring context files for that project. This has happened several times.

That sounds like a race condition some where… I’ll file a note to have someone look into it. If you go to your project properties, then MyEclipse > Spring, are the files infact removed from the Spring configuration list, or is it just the wrong icon that is the problme?

#263281 Reply

tarantula
    Participant

Hi Riyad,

Spring 2.0 files work fine in MyEclipse 5.0 (minus the singleton attribute error).

I’ve since downgraded and things are back to normal for me.

As for the Spring files being removed from the project, they are indeed missing from the project properties too.

Thanks,
    Ian

#263290 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Spring 2.0 files work fine in MyEclipse 5.0 (minus the singleton attribute error).

Sorry, to clarify MyEclipse won’t understand them correctly as Spring files, but as far as XML editing goes, you’ll get all the autocomplete, syntax highlighting and validation on them because they are standard XML files.

Also I have a developer looking into this race condition for us, thanks for hanging in there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Spring error messages in MyEclipse 5.1 GA

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in