facebook

Spring Security issues in 8.5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JEisen
    Participant

Hi, I found some other posts about this but they were all for an earlier version and didn’t resolve my issue.

I’m trying to use Spring Security 2.0 in my project but I get the following error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/security]

Based on suggestions from the Spring forums, I pulled the spring.handlers and spring.schemas files from the jar and, after each build, copied them into WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF.

That just changes the issue to this:

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 7 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/webapp-security.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element ‘http’.

I’ve looked at the spring-security-2.0.4.xsd file in the jar, which definitely has the ‘http’ declaration. I’ve tried to put it a few places in my project, but the issue won’t go away.

Is there a workaround for this?

#308229 Reply

davemeurer

Hello,

Are you Scaffolding Security in the MyEclipse for Spring product when getting this error? If so, I’m unable to reproduce this error, so please let me know the steps you are taking when receiving it so I can reproduce it.

If you aren’t using the ME4S Security Scaffolding feature, I would recommend it. It adds everything you need to enable a Spring project for security. It also provides a great contextual example to help with understanding Spring Security.

Here are the steps to Scaffold Security in ME4S:
    1. Create a web project
    2. Right-click the project > MyEclipse > Add Spring Code Generation Capabilities
    3. Choose all defaults. Click Finish.
    4. Scaffold a DB table from Derby. Right-click the project > MyEclipse > Scaffold Spring MVC CRUD Application from…
    5. Follow the wizard – select any table (see the educational materials for info on scaffolding)
    6. After scaffolding the table, In the Project Explorer, right click the project > MyEclipse > Scaffold Spring Security…
    7. During the wizard, choose the domain package created by the CRUD Scaffolding. Click Finish.

This will give you a ready to run CRUD app with Security.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Dave

#308279 Reply

JEisen
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I’m using the standard MyEclipse 8.5, not ME4S. However, as I was typing up my steps to reproduce, I enabled everything I’d commented out and I’m now getting further than I did before. I’ll come back if I still have issues. This is very odd.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Spring Security issues in 8.5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in