facebook

SPRING WS generation using WSDL without output in operation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am generating Web Service based on the WSDL using myEclipse. As i need SPRING Capabilities for the generated Web Servivce, i am using “import WSDL” option under myEclipse when we right click on the project.

When I have input and output defined for operation in WSDL, then I am able to generate web service with SPRING capabilities. However if I go with just input in WSDL (no output) then it fails. Is there any such limitation ? if yes what is the workaround ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Atul Samnerkar

#327683 Reply

Hello,

i have attached the WSDL file along with imported XSD file for your reference. Let me know if you need any additional information to debug this issue further.

Thanks & Regards,
    Atul Samnerkar

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #327686 Reply

cconway

Atul,

How does it fail? Is there an error message or a stack trace in the Console view? If you could post the detail on the error message, that would be helpful.

#327687 Reply

Here is the log…

!ENTRY com.skyway.integration.service.webservice 4 0 2012-06-28 12:29:15.145
    !MESSAGE Exception adapting operation:AddPerson
    !STACK 1
    com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.WSDLToModelIntegrationException: 
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.OperationAdapter.<init>(OperationAdapter.java:88)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.WSDLToModelAdapterFactory.adaptToModel(WSDLToModelAdapterFactory.java:38)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.ServiceAdapter.adaptOperation(ServiceAdapter.java:88)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.ServiceAdapter.loadOperations(ServiceAdapter.java:70)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.transformation.contractfirst.WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.loadServiceRelationships(WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.java:378)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.transformation.contractfirst.WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.transformWSDLToServices(WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.java:250)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.transformation.contractfirst.CreateServiceContractJob.runInWorkspace(CreateServiceContractJob.java:80)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.WSDLElementHelper.isWrappedStyleOperation(WSDLElementHelper.java:58)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.OperationAdapter.loadRelatedElements(OperationAdapter.java:109)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.OperationAdapter.<init>(OperationAdapter.java:83)
        ... 8 more
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.skyway.core 4 0 2012-06-28 12:29:15.145
    !MESSAGE 
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.WSDLElementHelper.isWrappedStyleOperation(WSDLElementHelper.java:58)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.OperationAdapter.loadRelatedElements(OperationAdapter.java:109)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.OperationAdapter.<init>(OperationAdapter.java:83)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.WSDLToModelAdapterFactory.adaptToModel(WSDLToModelAdapterFactory.java:38)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.ServiceAdapter.adaptOperation(ServiceAdapter.java:88)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.ServiceAdapter.loadOperations(ServiceAdapter.java:70)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.transformation.contractfirst.WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.loadServiceRelationships(WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.java:378)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.transformation.contractfirst.WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.transformWSDLToServices(WSDLToServiceContractTransformation.java:250)
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.transformation.contractfirst.CreateServiceContractJob.runInWorkspace(CreateServiceContractJob.java:80)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)

!ENTRY com.skyway.integration.service.webservice 4 0 2012-06-28 12:29:15.160
    !MESSAGE Exception transforming WSDL to service(s)
    !STACK 1
    com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.WSDLToModelIntegrationException: 
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.ServiceAdapter.loadOperations(ServiceAdapter.java:75)
    Caused by: com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.WSDLToModelIntegrationException: 
        at com.skyway.integration.wsdl.model.providers.service.OperationAdapter.<init>(OperationAdapter.java:88)
        ... 5 more
        ... 8 more
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.skyway.core 4 0 2012-06-28 12:29:15.160
    !MESSAGE 
    !STACK 1
        ... 8 more
    !SUBENTRY 2 org.skyway.core 4 0 2012-06-28 12:29:15.160
    !MESSAGE 
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException

#327692 Reply

cconway

Thanks Atul,

I see that the code is indeed requiring an output of some kind. Is there a way you can supply a void output in the WSDL? Otherwise, you would have to supply an output and just ignore it if it has no meaning.

#327707 Reply

Thanks for your quick response.

i am upgrading my existing system. The clients are already in place. I cannot modify the WSDL. what is the alternative to this if i have to generate SPRING Web Service wihtout output definition in the WSDL operation.

Regards,
    Atul Samnerkar

#327716 Reply

cconway

Would it be possible for you to download the WSDL, make the necessary changes, generate the Spring Service and then touch up the code as necessary?

An alternate approach is to use the JAX-WS annotator. The service must be annotated with the @Service annotation, but then you can use the annotator to help lead you through the necessary annotations. There is a tutorial here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/ME4STutorialJaxwsAnnotator/jaxwsannotatorarticle.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: SPRING WS generation using WSDL without output in operation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in