facebook

SQL Server 2000 (Error establishing socket)

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hoping to get some help on this one.

Jars: msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar
    Connection String: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://RBROWN-X2\SQL1:1433

Not that it makes a huge difference, but I’m Windows XP Pro X86 with jdk1.5.0_04 (obvisously the 32-bit version since Eclipse doens’t run on the 64-bit JDK)

Yes the username/password is correct

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:99)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.LoginProgress$Login.run(LoginProgress.java:43)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Sourc

#247265 Reply

Driver classname is the default: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

#247283 Reply

Haris Peco

Russell,

Check if your port 1433 open, and your database specification correct (I suppose that your port isn’t open)

You can try with url jdbc:sqlserver://DATABASE_NAME:PORT , if you have last MS jdbc driver

Best

#247296 Reply

Sorry, I ment to include this in my original comment. I’m using SQL server already from a ColdFusion/Java application on the same box; so I know that it’s not an issue with port 1433, even though it appears that there is.

#247301 Reply

Haris Peco

Russell,

I don’t know version ofyour driver, but with last MS driver you have to set url like this

jdbc:sqlserver://SERVER_NAME:PORT;databaseName=DATABASE_NAME

this is wrong

jdbc:sqlserver://SERVER_NAME/DATABASE_NAME:PORT

Do you know url from ColdFusion ?

It is easer/quicker that you try url/driver combination with simple java application which check connection, only
    see this thread for example http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-11228.html

Best

#247387 Reply

@support-snpe wrote:

Russell, this is wrong
    jdbc:sqlserver://SERVER_NAME/DATABASE_NAME:PORT

I see what your getting at, sorry my string: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://RBROWN-X2\SQL1:1433… The \SQL1 is the instance not the DB name. The following is one of the first things I tried:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://rbrown-x2\SQL1:1433;databaseName=paid1DB

That got me the same errors.

@support-snpe wrote:

Do you know url from ColdFusion ?

It is easer/quicker that you try url/driver combination with simple java application which check connection, only
    see this thread for example http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-11228.html

Best

My connection string in ColdFusion is:
    jdbc:macromedia:sqlserver://rbrown-x2\SQL1:1433;databaseName=paid1DB;SelectMethod=direct;sendStringParametersAsUnicode=false;MaxPooledStatements=1000

I feel like I’m totaly missing something.

#247398 Reply

Haris Peco

Russel,

ColdFusion use own driver (probably).Try with url

jdbc:sqlserver://rbrown-x2\SQL1:1433;databaseName=paid1DB

you can add other parameters (after ; ) from ColdFusion version, too

Best

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: SQL Server 2000 (Error establishing socket)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in