facebook

Standard License Can’t Use MyEclipse 6.5?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tom

I’m hoping this is an install problem and not a bug.
    My team has been looking forward to MyEclipse 6.5 (particularly for the long awaited handling of Maven provided and test scopes at deployment ). We upgraded our Windows machines without incident this morning.
    To keep my home laptop in line with the change in Maven plugins, I attempted several upgrades today to 6.5 GA. I have a 64 bit OpenSUse 10.3 Linux HP laptop. I run 32 bit Sun Java with Eclipse Classic 3.3.2. I created a separate directory for everything I was trying with a fresh install of Eclipse. I tried the Pulse download as well as the archive site download with the same results.
    After installing Eclipse 3.3.2 and MyEclipse 6.5 GA ( and no other plugins ), I created a new workspace and a new foo-web Web project. The IDE tells me I need to upgrade to Professional license in order to enjoy Maven support. I skipped the Maven support and created the web project. When I try to deploy to Jetty, I get a similar message that deployment is a privilege of the Professional license.
    Am I doing something wrong, or did licensure suddenly change to require the Professional license?
    All help greatly appreciated. I am greatly reduced in work I can do from home until this is resolved.
    Thanks!
    Tom

#286625 Reply

Loyal Water

After installing Eclipse 3.3.2 and MyEclipse 6.5 GA ( and no other plugins ), I created a new workspace and a new foo-web Web project. The IDE tells me I need to upgrade to Professional license in order to enjoy Maven support

You will have to upgrade to a Professional License to enjoy maven support.

When I try to deploy to Jetty, I get a similar message that deployment is a privilege of the Professional license.
    Am I doing something wrong, or did licensure suddenly change to require the Professional license?

Are you able to deploy to other servers?

Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the informaion here for me.

#286627 Reply

Tom

Thanks, Nipun. Looks like the features list has changed. I didn’t notice. My standard license is now pretty much useless. All of our projects are moving to build with the new maven4eclipse nature.
    By the way, there is no automated way to convert projects built with the m2eclipse plugin to use the maven4myeclipse. You need to manually adjust your .classpath and .project files for every project you need to convert. I posted on this yesterday to help any one else out there. An automated solution would be a nice to have ( albeit difficult for your team to implement ). 🙂
    I haven’t had a chance to try deployment to other servers. Don’t worry about the other issues. I’ll either need to upgrade my license or just do my work from remote connection.
    Thanks for your help.
    Tom

#286629 Reply

Loyal Water

Your Welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Standard License Can’t Use MyEclipse 6.5?

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in