facebook

Status Bar Icon and Colors

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

myronuecker
    Participant

This morning I started my Eclipse and noticed a red icon next to CodeMix in the status bar. I assumed that icon meant that it failed to start, especially since I was looking at a Typescript file where only the top two lines were colored and the rest are white. Usually that means CodeMix is not working.

I hovered my mouse over the icon and it offered to tell me about the updates. I personally think the red color is a wrong choice for that icon since it usually indicates something is wrong.

The other minor issue is that after I clicked on it, it changed the icon to the standard blue checkmark but also turned the entire status bar white. I run the Eclipse dark theme so now I’m looking at gray text on a white background.

#588615 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the icon color, we’re discussing this internally.

Can’t say we’ve seen the status bar go white before – we’ll try to replicate. From your prior posts, I’m assuming you are using Oxygen 3 on Windows 10, and the Eclipse Dark theme. Do let me know if any of those details are incorrect.

#589008 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

I have a couple of additional questions – does the CodeMix engine fail to start, or go down for you often? Are there times when you intentionally kill the CodeMix engine from the task manager?

Just curious because normally you shouldn’t be experiencing issues with the engine starting or staying up.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Status Bar Icon and Colors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in