facebook

Stopping Jboss

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

nat101

Has MyEclipse 4.11GA (on Linux) changed the way an app server is ahutdown? It seems like you simply terminate the process! A split second after shutdown the console shows ‘***This server has been successfully shutdown***’ and terminates.
    Can you please have the app server shutdown gracefully? There are many things that need to execute upon a normal shutdown (eg. ejbRemove())

Thanks;
    -nat

#251070 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nat,
    Yes we did and I have filed an enhancement request to make graceful shutdown optional. I do have to ask, is there a persisted state that is actually getting corrupted by the server not shutting down gracefully, or you just don’t like the idea of killing the process outright?

#251094 Reply

nat101

Many problems.
    1. Sevlets (non-ejb apps) close jdbc connections.
    2. I persist unique [cached in hashmap] counters / serial numbers in some (even ejb) apps.
    3. Logging! [especially] When developing, logs are written when ejb’s get removed.
    4. Message Driven Beans pose a real problem if process is killed before the j2ee server had a chance to update its flags/que.
    5. StateFull session beans *need* to get persisted (by definition) upon shutdown.

The good news is that (now that you revealed the [kill process] secret) I use Jboss’ shutdown scipt from a terminal window and it gracefully shuts down the instance running inside the ide! I have all my beautiful console messages back!

Thanks
    nat

#251098 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nat, I’m going to add all these arguments to the issue ot make it optional, these are important to honor. Thanks for taking the time to report this in detail.

#251294 Reply

Chris Parsons
    Participant

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I seem to have lost my ‘Stop’ button on the toolbar
    for JBoss – think this was the last release?

I can ‘Start’ JBoss 4 but the ‘Stop’ button is permanently disabled – so I have to ‘Terminate’
    from the console window which doesn’t do a controlled shutdown?

Regards

Chris Parsons

#251300 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Chris,
    That is a known bug when you run your app server in “Run” mode and not “Debug” mode.

#251337 Reply

Chris Parsons
    Participant

Ah, Ok – hadn’t noticed this before, guess I must have been running in debug mode

Thanks

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Stopping Jboss

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in