facebook

Strange breakpoint starting Tomcat 5.0.28 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

laurent.k

I’m using ME and its functionality of starting Tomcat for 3 months in order to access easily in debugging JSP & servlets !

All always work fine, but yet I encountered always the same problem when I start Tomcat within ME and I don’t understand why because when I start Tomcat manually using the “$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.bat” there’s no such behaviour/problem !

In fact, the problem it is dealing with is that Tomcat tries to load every webapp context that it founds in “$CATALINA/conf/Catalina/localhost/*.xml” and also directly looking in subdirectories of “$CATALINA/webapps/” and for each of this context I’m automatically forwarding to the Eclipse debug perspective with the following error message :

Source not found for StandardContext.start() line: 4151

Then I click on the “Resume” button and after each context being loaded, Tomcat seems to be normally started and to work fine because I put some breakpoints in my JSP/servlet and it responds well !

But I’m getting more and more crazy with this Tomcat start procedure using ME.

Thanks for replying asap.

#225130 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Lauren,
    This is *very* frustrating as I have had it happen to me as well, except it stops in FileNotFoundException when I run into it. We had 2 other users run into this and it seems to be some problem with the Eclipse debugger interacting with Tomcat.

First try and shut down Tomcat, then go to your debug perspective, click on the “Breakpoints” tab, right click and say “Remove all”, now close all your editors AND your projeccts and exit Eclipse. Now edit the shortcut you use to start MYEclipse and add -clean to your command line arguments outlined here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/FAQ+index-myfaq-yes-id_cat-30.html#343

After MyEclipse starts up, you can remove -clean, now try and debug. Does it work?

If it doesn’t, the only known workaround for this is to create a new workspace, last time I checked into this it was filed in bugs.eclipse.org but I don’t have a link handy.

#225162 Reply

laurent.k

Ok, it works yet normally again since I have restarted Eclipse with “-clean” option in shortcut command line !

Thanks again & again for your reactivity.

Best regards.

#225168 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am glad it worked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Strange breakpoint starting Tomcat 5.0.28 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in