facebook

Struts + Velocity Templates [Enhancement]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

how difficult it is to have Velocity templates support into MyEclipse ? instead of generating JSPs, generate plain old HTML with VTL components or macros in it. Auto complete for VTL would be sweet as well (VTL is *very* small btw)

As I see it, these days the use of Struts + Velocity is on the rise, and gaining popularity. I know quite a number of ppl. who would love a tool that includes Velocity. I was highly impressed by the auto generation of JSPs with MyEclipse Wizards. it would be great if VTL/HTML can be generated as an option.

thanx 🙂

#203449 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nabil,
    MyEclipse is driven by user demand, so we can definately look into this. Keep the suggestions comming!

#203450 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Very nice idea. We are too late into the 2.7/3.7 to add significant new features as this. But I have entered an enhancement request to enable the user to create a set of code generation templates and then select the appropriate tempate from the Struts wizards.

#203451 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

Thank you very much guys , you rock 🙂

#203480 Reply

Yet another great feature request I can +1! 😀

#203482 Reply

Riyad Kalla

hah, awf999 you are keeping the ME team pretty busy! 🙂

#203516 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

😀 Glad to do my part!

BTW, I personally use Velocity templates to generate code, emails, documents, and web pages. There are some existing Velocity plugins which provide okay support for Velocity, but they could defintely use the ME team’s polish. 😉

#203520 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

@awf999 wrote:

@support-rkalla wrote:

😀 Glad to do my part!

BTW, I personally use Velocity templates to generate code, emails, documents, and web pages. There are some existing Velocity plugins which provide okay support for Velocity, but they could defintely use the ME team’s polish. 😉

what I really hope is to see is ME generates .vm with Struts forms bits (VelocityStruts) in it instead of using Struts and it’s Taglib on JSP. having this on ME helps reducing the number of different plugins to use on teh same project, ME is all need 🙂

I understand it’s too late for the .7 release, hopfully the next one 😉

#203529 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We are always happy to take suggestions from the developers using ME, since you guys know best what you want!

We can certainly look into the VelocityStruts solution, but it will probably be for after 2.8 since our plate is really full with some cool enhancements for 2.8.

#203536 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

hehhe .. ok, the release after the next one 😀

edit: I’m a 3.7 lover 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Struts + Velocity Templates [Enhancement]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in