facebook

Struts wizards in 3.7RC2 don’t modify the struts-config.xml

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Robert Varga
    Participant

When I create actions and forms with the wizards, they are not inserted in the config file and hence into the flow view.

I suppose this is because the appropriate sections of the struts-config.xml will be generated via xdoclet.

However this needs a run for XDoclet and there is no documentation on how to set up xdoclet for generating Struts related stuff into the struts-config.xml in the project. Actually there is no documentation on setting up xdoclet to generate Struts related stuff at all.

#201860 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

The Struts creation wizards should update the struts-config.xml source.

1) Can you post your configuration to help us better understand this issue? See http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=394

2) Is your Struts config file well-formed when you run the Struts wizard? You can check this out by validating the XML src.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#201883 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

The Struts-config was a default struts-config file as generated by “Add Struts module” overwriting the original struts-config, and the messageresources tag added back as it was in the original file. That may have been the cause, because now that I deleted the project, and recreated it again, it now puts that actions and form-beans into the struts-config without a problem.

The project was created as a Web Module Project, Struts capabilities were added to the project with the menu item.

Configuration was pristine 3.0M6 installed into c:\apps\eclipse-3.0m6 and MyEclipse 3.7rc2 installed into c:\apps\myeclipse-3.7rc2, Sun JDK1.4.2-b28 in c:\jdk1.4.2, Windows XP Professional.

Anyway, now it works.

#201892 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I’m glad the problem is resolved. The only possible cause that I can think of is that the struts-config.xml file was not well formed and may have caused the src insertion mechanism to get out of sync and abandon the process. I’ll make sure we extend our test cases to address this.

1) Was the web-project in question created prior to you ME upgrade?

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#201896 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

The struts-config.xml was created by overwriting the struts-config.xml with the Add struts module dialog.

This dialog creates an xml referring on version 1.0 of the Struts-config dtd, with which the generated xml may conflict (controllers/plugins sections/messageresources sections are not in that version of the dtd, if I remember correctly). That may have been the reason.

Actually the Add Struts module dialog should not create struts-config files referring on the 1.0 version of the dtd at all, since modules are Struts 1.1 features, so the 1.0 reference is a bug (I think it is already submitted by someone else on the newsgroup).

Note that the Struts capabilities were set to 1.1 for the web module project! I never set it to 1.0.

#201967 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

the Add Struts module dialog should not create struts-config files referring on the 1.0 version of the dtd at all, since modules are Struts 1.1 features, so the 1.0 reference is a bug

You are exactly right. I’ve include your info in a new struts problem report.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Struts wizards in 3.7RC2 don’t modify the struts-config.xml

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in