facebook

Stuck with Status code: wating for Copilot4Eclipse instalization

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Linkiratchi
    Participant

Hi,

Im trying to install Copilot4Eclipse on my eclipse (mac). When i install it from eclipse marketplace i get stuck with the status code: wating for Copilot4Eclipse instalization.

Has anyone experienced the same thing and know how to fix this? I have tried to unintall Copilot4Eclipse and also tried to reinstall eclipse.

Best regards,
    Linkiratchi

#700461 Reply

wayne

Hi,
    Please click on the Copilot4Eclipse menu > Status to get more info.

0 – please share the status message.

The problem is generally caused by Copilot4Eclipse not being able to establish a network connection to the GitHub Copilot services.
    I am assuming you are behind a firewall?

1 – If yes please check that your Eclipse proxy settings are accurate. You will need to restart Eclipse after changing the proxy settings in order for the Copilot4Eclipse plugin to recognize the changes.

2 – In the case that that there is a certificate related error message please try disabling the certificate checking setting. You can find this at Windows menu > Copilot4Eclipse > Network & Monitoring > Strict SSL cert checking. Again you will need to restart Eclipse to pick up this change.

Please share your results. Hopefully this will get you connected and running. If you continue to experience this issue then please share the info you observe from the Status menu action.

Regards,
    Wayne
    Copilot4Eclipse Team

#700645 Reply

Linkiratchi
    Participant

Hi Wayne,

I tried disabling Strict SSL cert checking but its still stuck on instalization. I have attached a image from the Status message i get, but i couldnt find anymore detailed status message.

Thanks for you help!

best regards,
    Linus

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #700649 Reply

ahina
    Participant

Hello,
    I have maybe a similar problem, stuck on initialization. We aren’t using any proxy. Strict SSL cert checking disabled.

The logged messages I get are:

[2024-04-19T16:40:59.463253800+03:00] LSP4E_TO_LANGUAGE_SERVER com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.copilot:
    Content-Length: 1865

[2024-04-19T16:40:59.494255600+03:00] LSP4E_TO_LANGUAGE_SERVER com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.copilot:
    {“jsonrpc”:”2.0″,”id”:”1″,”method”:”initialize”,”params”:{“processId”:4956,”rootUri”:null,”capabilities”:{“workspace”:{“applyEdit”:true,”workspaceEdit”:{“documentChanges”:true,”resourceOperations”:[“create”,”delete”,”rename”],”failureHandling”:”undo”},”symbol”:{“dynamicRegistration”:true},”executeCommand”:{“dynamicRegistration”:true},”workspaceFolders”:true,”configuration”:true,”codeLens”:{“refreshSupport”:true}},”textDocument”:{“synchronization”:{“willSave”:true,”willSaveWaitUntil”:true,”didSave”:true},”completion”:{“completionItem”:{“snippetSupport”:true,”documentationFormat”:[“markdown”,”plaintext”],”resolveSupport”:{“properties”:[“documentation”,”detail”,”additionalTextEdits”]},”insertTextModeSupport”:{“valueSet”:[1,2]}},”contextSupport”:true,”completionList”:{“itemDefaults”:[“commitCharacters”,”editRange”,”insertTextFormat”,”insertTextMode”]}},”hover”:{“contentFormat”:[“markdown”,”plaintext”]},”signatureHelp”:{},”references”:{},”documentHighlight”:{},”documentSymbol”:{“symbolKind”:{“valueSet”:[18,17,5,14,9,10,22,24,8,1,12,11,20,6,2,3,21,16,19,25,4,7,15,23,26,13]},”hierarchicalDocumentSymbolSupport”:true},”formatting”:{“dynamicRegistration”:true},”rangeFormatting”:{},”definition”:{“linkSupport”:true},”typeDefinition”:{“linkSupport”:true},”codeAction”:{“codeActionLiteralSupport”:{“codeActionKind”:{“valueSet”:[“quickfix”,”refactor”,”refactor.extract”,”refactor.inline”,”refactor.rewrite”,”source”,”source.organizeImports”]}},”dataSupport”:true,”resolveSupport”:{“properties”:[“edit”]},”dynamicRegistration”:true},”codeLens”:{},”documentLink”:{},”colorProvider”:{},”rename”:{“prepareSupport”:true},”foldingRange”:{},”selectionRange”:{},”inlayHint”:{}},”window”:{“workDoneProgress”:true,”showMessage”:{},”showDocument”:{“support”:true}}},”clientInfo”:{“name”:”Eclipse IDE”,”version”:”0.18.6.202403050753″},”trace”:”off”,”workspaceFolders”:[]}}

[2024-04-19T16:40:59.499255800+03:00] LSP4E_TO_LANGUAGE_SERVER com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.copilot:
    Content-Length: 60

[2024-04-19T16:40:59.500255900+03:00] LSP4E_TO_LANGUAGE_SERVER com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.copilot:
    {“jsonrpc”:”2.0″,”id”:”2″,”method”:”shutdown”,”params”:null}

[2024-04-19T16:40:59.502256+03:00] LSP4E_TO_LANGUAGE_SERVER com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.copilot:
    Content-Length: 47

[2024-04-19T16:40:59.502256+03:00] LSP4E_TO_LANGUAGE_SERVER com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.copilot:
    {“jsonrpc”:”2.0″,”method”:”exit”,”params”:null}

Regards,
    Ahina

#700651 Reply

wayne

@Ahina,

Thanks for sharing the log. From the log info the api process is failing to start.

What OS are you running, linux?

#700657 Reply

ahina
    Participant

Hi,
    Win 7. And this error happens on two different computers, two different networks
    Regards, Ahina

#700667 Reply

wayne

Thx for that info. The quick answer is Copilot4Eclipse will not operate on Win 7.

TLDR;
    I have seen a similar issue on older versions of Linux. Internally Copilot4Eclipse runs a Nodejs process that hosts an api. The version of Nodejs bundled with Copilot4Eclispe is Node v18. The minimum version of Node that Copilot4Eclipse can support is Node 16. But Node 16 reached end of life last Sept ’23 and we will soon drop support for it. My understand is that the last version of Nodejs that will operate on Win7 is Node v14. With that, we can conclude that Copilot4Eclipse will not operate on Win 7.

Can you upgrade to Win 11?

Regards,
    Wayne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Stuck with Status code: wating for Copilot4Eclipse instalization

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in