facebook

Subscription Information constantly overwritten

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a previous MyEclipse license and installation that exists on my machine. I also recently purchased an upgrade subscription to ME for Spring. I entered the subscription information for ME for Spring as the dialogue box popped up to inform me that I am not using a ME for Spring subscription code. So, I entered the info, saved, and went on as usual. However, I get intermittent popups with the old ME information displayed and ME for Spring complaining that I don’t have a valid subscription code. The same thing happened today when I started up ME 4 Spring. Please advise..

#308267 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response – this should definitely not be happening. On Friday we released an update for MyEclipse for Spring with some improved license management, if you go ahead and take that update, does it help?

Additional questions:
    1) When you get the popup prompting you for the Spring license, was that requested when performing specific actions or only on workspace start? When you entered the details – did the problem go away for that session when performing the same actions?

2) By any chance are you using both MyEclipse and MyEclipse for Spring simultaneously? Do you have both open at the same time or perhaps one after the other?

3) If you go to your home directory, you should see a .myeclipse.properties file which should contain your license. What license is in this file? The spring license or the older MyEclipse license? Is this file readonly – it should not be.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#308268 Reply

support-joy

Mike,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Can you answer few queries for me to get to the root cause?
    1. Can you copy and paste your installation details? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. How did you install ME for Spring? Using all-in-one installer / pulse / archived update site on top of eclipse classic?
    3. You mention having previous ME license and installation? Can you elaborate more. What are the version of ME you have – 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, etc. What other license do you have?
    4. Can you open Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Subscription? What does the detail list? What is the type of license it mentions here ? Can you attach a screenshot? This will help me get a visual.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Subscription Information constantly overwritten

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in