facebook

Subscription key problem [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

James Ots

I can’t get myeclipse to work now I’ve upgrade to 3.7RC2. It shows up ok (after deleting an reinstalling everything a few times), but it only lets me use myeclipse specific stuff once before deciding there’s a problem with my subscription key:

SUBSCRIPTION KEY VIOLATION Too many users are using the same subscription key. MyEclipse will now shutdown. The list of IPs using this key have been written to the log and are also listed here: 192.168.0.254, 192.168.0.50
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.ui 4 10001 Jan 14, 2004 21:38:54.642
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.S: Shared Subscription Key Detected – Shutting Down All MyEclipse Operations

The first IP is my usual IP – the second one is one I used a few weeks ago when my laptop was on another network and I was using 3.6, which carried on working afterwards.

I switch between two different networks regularly – is this going to cause a problem?

(I’m using SuSE Linux 9.0 and Eclipse 3.0 M6)

#201843 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No worries, Scott should be able to send you a new key to fix that issue.

#201871 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jamesots,

When a machine is multi-homed (has two Internet cards), we need to issue a customized key to work with it. However, the problem you’re seeing isn’t that you’re machine is multi-homed, but just that you have an old IP address that is still remembered. Can you clean up your network configuration to drop the old unused IP address? That will surely clear up the issue quickly. If I’ve miscategorized or misunderstood the issue, please let us know.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#201887 Reply

James Ots

@scott wrote:

Jamesots,

Can you clean up your network configuration to drop the old unused IP address? That will surely clear up the issue quickly.

I’m not sure how to do that. ifconfig only shows one IP address for eth0, and one address for lo.

#201893 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

James,

I sent you a new key to correct the issue as a private message in these forums. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#201898 Reply

James Ots

Where can I find that message? It still says I have no new messages at the top of this page, and I haven’t received an email.

#201946 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

James,

I went to your homepage and pushed the key to you there. Nice photos by the way. 🙂

#201953 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes very nice webpage. Clean design, good consistent colors, easy navigation.

#202030 Reply

James Ots

Thanks for the key. Everything’s working fine now. And thanks for the nice comments about my website 🙂

#202050 Reply

keithk

javascript:emoticon(‘:cry:’)
    I have the same issue, however, in my case, I dialin to my corporate’s VPN with my laptop which changes my IP address. Can you tell me how I can fix this problem?

Thanks!
    Keith

@jamesots wrote:

I can’t get myeclipse to work now I’ve upgrade to 3.7RC2. It shows up ok (after deleting an reinstalling everything a few times), but it only lets me use myeclipse specific stuff once before deciding there’s a problem with my subscription key:

SUBSCRIPTION KEY VIOLATION Too many users are using the same subscription key. MyEclipse will now shutdown. The list of IPs using this key have been written to the log and are also listed here: 192.168.0.254, 192.168.0.50
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.ui 4 10001 Jan 14, 2004 21:38:54.642
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.S: Shared Subscription Key Detected – Shutting Down All MyEclipse Operations

The first IP is my usual IP – the second one is one I used a few weeks ago when my laptop was on another network and I was using 3.6, which carried on working afterwards.

I switch between two different networks regularly – is this going to cause a problem?

(I’m using SuSE Linux 9.0 and Eclipse 3.0 M6)

#202082 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Keith,

I sent you a new key that resolves the issue via the private message facility of this forum.

#202172 Reply

keithk

Scott,
    How do I access my private message?

Thanks
    Keith

#202179 Reply

Riyad Kalla

At the top of this screen you are currently on, look for something that looks like:
    ” FAQ :: Search :: Profile :: You have no new messages ”

right above the title of this thread. Click the “You have no new messages” part, well if you have messages, then it will say something else, click it either way. If you have no new messages, please let us know. We’ve had a plague of strangeness with PM’s going to users and them not getting their keys.

#202414 Reply

adam

@support-rkalla wrote:

At the top of this screen you are currently on, look for something that looks like:
    ” FAQ :: Search :: Profile :: You have no new messages ”

right above the title of this thread. Click the “You have no new messages” part, well if you have messages, then it will say something else, click it either way. If you have no new messages, please let us know. We’ve had a plague of strangeness with PM’s going to users and them not getting their keys.

Hi guys. I’ve installed the MyEclipse 3.7 and got the same “SUBSCRIPTION KEY VIOLATION” issue. I cannot use it more. Please send me key that fixing the problem.

Thanks,
    Igor

#202419 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Igor, I’ve emailed Scott about this, stay tuned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Subscription key problem [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in