facebook

Subscription Key Problem w/VMWare installed [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Chris Means
    Participant

Configuration:

Windows XP
    Eclipse 2.1.1/200306271545
    MyEclipse 2.6.2
    VMWare Workstation v4.0

Problem:

After I installed VMWare (www.vmware.com), I have been unable to use MyEclipseIDE, I keep getting the error: “Subscription Key Problem”.

“SUBSCRIPTION KEY VIOLATION Too many users are using the same subscription key. MyEclipse will now shutdown. The list of IPs using this key have been written to the log and are also listed here: 192.168.179.1, 192.168.200.53”

VMWare creates “virtual” ip addresses for use by guest OSs installed within it’s environment.

I am not attempting to use Eclipse from with these virtual machines (I have RedHat 9 installed right now), I’m only running it from my WinXP (host) OS.

Even without having VMWare running these virtual IPs are still active, and this seems to be causing a problem for MyEclipse…

HELP!!!

Of course I notice this problem the moment I need to do something with Eclipse…

-Chris

#199423 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Chris,

A new key to correct the issue was mailed to your email address of record. Sorry for the inconvenience.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199664 Reply

cmcbrien

System: Mandrake 9.2
    Eclipse 3.0M4
    MyEclipse 3.6.3

I am having a similar problem. I installed Eclipse and Workbench at my office when my laptop had a 10.11.x.y address. When I came home and tried to use MyEclipse there on a 192.168.x.y address, I got the Subscription Key Violation error and was unable to work. It reported the violating IP’s as my IP at the office and the one I currently had at home.

#199665 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Check your email for a revised subscription code to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Subscription Key Problem w/VMWare installed [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in