facebook

Success story

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John Harris

Here’s a success story.

I, a sole developer, inherited a doomed J2EE project developed using the VI editor on Linux by a person with little experience with Java programming fundamentals and was told to “see what you can do”..

There were no J2EE tools to use available to me. Believe me, I asked for: Borland or Oracle. Don’t get me wrong, this huge telecom company has the money and uses high-priced J2EE tools. But this particular business unit doesn’t because it cannot afford them.

So I recommended Eclipse and found MyEclipseIDE. Out of my own pocket, after using MyEclipseIDE for a week, I bought the subscription. For $29.95? It’d have cost $1000 to get an IDE with the functionality Eclipse now has.

Anyway, so to make a long story short, because I am a good J2EE developer and because of the enhanced Eclipse IDE, I rewrote the code and really stunned some people. Try programming multiple classes with VI 😉 and track down those misplaced curly brackets. Then try to deploy. 😀

That’s my success story. The project has risen like a Phoenix out of the ashes and I didn’t break the bank.

#199319 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

That is awesome! Congratulations on such a resounding success. We’ve gotten several similar stories via email, but thank you very much for taking the time to write this up and post it here. We know of quite a few corporate developers who go a little “outside” the company and just buy the subscription themselves. It’s for this very reason that we’re doing our best to keep our price point so low. Hopefully, your story will inspire others to work toward similar accomplishments. One person really can make a difference. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Success story

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in