facebook

Support for HTML5/CSS3?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Glen Ihrig

MyEclipse for Spring 8.6 M2
    Mac OS 10.5.8

As near as I can tell, there is no support for html5 or css3 templates, markup, etc.

I’m referring to Right-Click -> New -> HTML (Advanced Templates)

I’ve seen mention of Mobi One, but I’m currently interested in developing web applications for desktop use using the newest standards.

Have I missed something?

What’s the timeline for html5 support in MyEclipse?

Thanks,

-Glen

#310179 Reply

Brian Fernandes

gihrig,

We don’t have templates for HTML5, but you can certainly create HTML files which use HTML5 elements in MyEclipse already.

Can you be more specific about support that would be most important to you? Templates, auto completion (for newer elements), wizards, visual designer support (or just text editing support?)

#310233 Reply

Glen Ihrig

Hi Brian,

My goal is to produce standards compliant UI based on html5, css and javascript (jQuery).

My interest in html5 is in simplifying the markup using section, article, aside and so-on. I was hoping to find new file templates that would provide a best practices example of these.

I have had a look at the various template sections in preferences > MyEclipse > Files and Editors, and it looks like I could add to these to create the new file templates.

In day-to-day work the most valuable feature would be autocomplete that supports new tags and attributes.

Is there a way I can edit/add to the existing autocomplete feature?

Thanks!

-Glen

#310850 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glen,

Just closing the loop on this. If you use MyEclipse 8.6, you will see that our Javascript editor has inbuilt support for JQuery – you can learn more about it here: [url=http://myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-458.html]MyEclipse 8.6 New and Noteworthy[/url
    As far as your other requests are concerned, MyEclipse 9 is when we’ll be adding better support for HTML5; content assist, validation and templates as well.

Thanks for asking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Support for HTML5/CSS3?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in