facebook

Support for Oracle 10g [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

robmoore

I am a new user and would like to use the product with Oracle 10g. I’ve tried using Oracle 9i configuration and startup fails. I’d appreciate any tips on how to get this working.

Thanks,

Rob

#204635 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Rob,

I’m not sure what you mean. As far as I know, Oracle 10g and 9i are database, not application server, designations. We don’t have any direct support for databases, but access is easily configurable through you application server. What specifically are you trying to do in what configuration? Please see the ‘Posting Guidelines’ thread to see what information we need.

#204647 Reply

robmoore

Hi, Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the app server version is bumped with the general product version, so the current release is 10g. Take a look at: http://otn.oracle.com/products/ias/index.html. For example, I’m using 10.0.3 (http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/ias/preview.html). At any rate, it turns out my configuration was incorrect — I had the oc4j home wrong. It should have been pointing to the j2ee/home underneath the oc4j dir. Once I corrected it, the server started up fine.

Rob

#204648 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Rob,

Glad to hear you’re up and running. I’ll never understand Oracle’s numbering or naming schemes. They change them SO often. 🙂

#204665 Reply

snpe

Oracle is 30 years old (first comercial relational database provider)
    and version 10 isn’t to big – number version change for every 3-4 years

current is 10g (version 3 is from 1980+ year)
    There is oracle 10g database, 10g application server, 10g developer suite
    (tools for database design and reporting), 10g jdeveloper (java developer tools in preview yet)
    Oracle have yet any tools for database design (and now for j2ee) and it is complicated (maybe) and oracle licence schema is complicated, but version don’t change often (compare with others)

Oracle database is great, but application server is orion (base), jdeveloper is
    base from JBuilder – Oracle tools Oracle forms, reports are original oracle tools, too

regards

btw
    oracle 10g application server support j2ee 1.4 (first application server)

#204703 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for the description of the numbering. It actually does make it clearer. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Support for Oracle 10g [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in