facebook

Support for packaged taglibs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Erik Reuter

According to the J2EE spec, one can package a taglib as a JAR and create the taglib descriptor as /META-INF/taglib.tld.

The code assist for taglibs in the JSP editor does not currently support this way of packaging taglibs, this would be a very nice addition to have.

#198152 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Help me understand how to state this enhancement request so I can properly enter into our issues tracking system. Presently, the MyEclipse JSP editor supports tag completion for tags described under <webroot>/WEB-INF/ and for packaged taglibs (e.g., mytags.jar). It is my understanding that a packaged taglib expects the TDLs to be resident in the META-INF directory. Is your suggestion that the JSP editor should read TDLs from a project’s META-INF dir in addition to its WEB-INF dir and any packaged taglibs?

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198168 Reply

Erik Reuter

It should work?

I was testing MyEclipse today, porting some of my projects from plain-jane eclipse to J2EE projects and stumpled across the packaged taglib problem. The war is currently running on JBoss 3.2.x with the taglib in a jar with no problems, but the taglib code-assist didnt pick it up. The jar is located under /WEB-INF/lib already.

Then this could be a bug instead?

I tried this using the 2.6 release on Linux.

#198170 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We have a test suite that includes code completion for packages taglibs. I just verified independent of our testing group that code completion functions on a packaged taglib. Hmmm! I’m wondering what’s different about our respective taglibs. I created a small project using the packaged webwork taglib from open symphony. Can you send me your taglib so I can run a quick test? Send to support@genuitec.com

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198209 Reply

No Operation

I suggest that there is some missing resource, JAR or whatsoever, so your taglib cannot be loaded.
    Taglib completion works great here also for packaged taglibs!

NOP

#198271 Reply

mvhegde

Hi I have the same problem with code completion of the jsp for taglib.
    my web.xml inside WEB-INF has this entry (4 lines):
    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>weblogic.tld</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/lib/weblogic-tags.jar</taglib-location>
    </taglib>
    And I have weblogic-tags.jar in WEB-INF/lib.
    Note it is a weblogic 7.0 jar (I copied from c:\bea\weblogic700\server\ext)
    And I have following line in my jsp (which is in Web Root):
    <%@ taglib uri=”weblogic.tld” prefix=”wl” %>
    Now the code completion doesn’t work for any weblogic tags <wl:
    So the parser doesn’t seem to read web.xml.

But when I extracted the taglib.tld from weblogic-tags.jar and name it as weblogic.tld and put it under Web Root everything (code completion) works great!! But if I move it to WEB-INF and change the entry in web.xml:
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/weblogic.tld</taglib-location>
    it doesn’t work again.

I’m using eclipse 2.1.1 & myeclipse Version: 2.6.1
    Build id: 200308311200 and jdk 1.4.1_02

Any hints.

Thanks
    mvhegde

#198282 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thanks for this report. Completion of packaged taglibs is a known 2.6.1 issue that has been resolved and will be release in the 2.6.2. We hope to have the release late this week or early next week. My bet is next Monday.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Support for packaged taglibs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in