facebook

Support remote deployment in the form of FTP of SFTP connect

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bob

Like most of us, I support multiple sites.

The feature I would like the most is: Support in MyEclipse for remote deployment in the form of FTP of SFTP connections to hosted server(s). 😮 I have always been surprised that this wasn’t present.

Yes I know that IF you can map the server, locally you can deploy to a server.

Background:
    One of my hosting providers (used for six separate sites) supports FTP/SFTP but doesn’t support WAR files as they are deemed “a risk”. At this point the do not support and ANT deployment either. Other than that the hosting provider is excellent and we have a three year history together.

#267464 Reply

Riyad Kalla

One of my hosting providers (used for six separate sites) supports FTP/SFTP but doesn’t support WAR files as they are deemed “a risk”.

So you have to login and upload your app all exploded?

Also I know this feature was tossed around at one point about 2 months ago… so it’s not off the map, just not very many requests for it and it’s an expensive feature to build *and* get right when you consider all the wonkiness that can occur.

#267852 Reply

Bob

Yes, actually the prefer to use their tool but you move to each directory one at a time. really boring and dull but it works.
    Interesting. I mean its built into tools like Dreamweaver and WSFTP

#306181 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Support remote deployment in the form of FTP of SFTP connect

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in