facebook

Suppress startup messages

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

myronuecker
    Participant

Every time I start Eclipse I get two messages, one for a .csproj project that doesn’t validate correctly. I didn’t write it and don’t know what needs to be changed. The second message is because I don’t have PHP installed. How do I suppress those messages so I don’t have to acknowledge them when I start Eclipse?

#579977 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

Could you send us a screenshot of these messages? There should be a “do not show again” option that would normally suppress the message for subsequent starts – if not, we will look into this.

#579978 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

Attached…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #580119 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

Thank you for the screenshots.

1) Do you have PHP projects in your workspace? The PHP warning is coming from the PHP Intellisense extension, so if you don’t really need it, you could simply disable that extension using the Extension manager.

2) For the “trouble loading” problem.
    a) Could you click “show output” and send us that output?
    b) Do you know what project this is? If so, can you open the project properties and go to the Builders property page – is the Code Builder enabled? Could you try disabling it?

3) Can you let us know what extensions you have installed – an easy way would be to send us screenshot(s) of the Extension Manager (Help > CodeMix extensions), scrolling through the installed Extensions section.

4) The UI in the messages looks a bit odd – what version of Windows are you on, and what Eclipse theme are you using?

Appreciate you working through these issues with us, thanks!

#580150 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

I’m running Windows 10, and Eclipse Oxygen.3 with the new built-in Dark theme.

I just removed PHP Pack, PHP Debug and PHP Intellisense, so I will see if that takes care of those issues. I didn’t choose those extensions, I think they were suggested by CodeMix when it first installed.

I’m not seeing a CodeMix builder in the project that has the csproj errors. I did find this in the Omnisharp log, though:

[fail]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectLoader
    The “ResolveComReference” task could not be instantiated from “Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Core, Version=15.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a”. Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Build, Version=15.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    [fail]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectLoader
    The “ResolveComReference” task has been declared or used incorrectly, or failed during construction. Check the spelling of the task name and the assembly name.
    [warn]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectManager

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #580173 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

Now that I removed the PHP Pack I got a notice on startup recommending that I install it!

#580178 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Only once if you click the X 🙂

But good point, probably a little aggressive to have it offer it right away again.

Thanks for the note!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Suppress startup messages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in