facebook

[SURVEY] Plugins most commonly added to MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author

davidb27

I use:

– subclipse
    – m2eclipse

#263108 Reply

Perry Scott

Add jBPM to the list … 🙂

#263162 Reply

Jon Strayer

Logwatcher, Regex Tester, Jad & Jadclipse

#263689 Reply

Tim Howland

I usually add log4e and abator.

#263731 Reply

I’d consider Dali (until ME includes some EJB 3 support).

Struts-layout Studio would be nice. I’ve seen it conflicting with ME JSP editor

#264896 Reply

Luigi Lauro

Jadclipse (though this won’t be needed as much when the new Eclipse 3.3 comes out, which has integrated .class de-assembling when source is not available)

Subversive (WAY WAY better than bugged as hell subclipse)

#264902 Reply

Steve Prior

omero – I’m curious what bugs you’re aware of in subclipse. I use it and haven’t noticed anything, so I’m wondering what I’ve been missing.

#265497 Reply

lindholm42

I use:

– subclipse
    – Extended VS Presentation
    – mylar
    – log4e
    – AnyEditTools
    – checkstyle

#265704 Reply

Luigi Lauro

@sprior wrote:

omero – I’m curious what bugs you’re aware of in subclipse. I use it and haven’t noticed anything, so I’m wondering what I’ve been missing.

Every mass refactor move is a nightmare.

Also, subclipse gets very often ‘broken’, and you have to manually fix inconsistencies by cleaning/deleting stuff to get it to work again. Our projects are really ‘on the move’ and we refactor quite often, and that brings subclipse to its knees very often.

Since we have switched to subversive, everything is smooth.

Also, subversive updates/improvements/bugfixes are constantly out, while subclipse gets updated a lot less often.

#265728 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’ve heard this from a few others, that subversive is prooving to be a better subversion plugin as well. No personal experience yet though.

#265729 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys, I wanted to thank everyone that posted feedback to this thread. It has been a while an some of you original posters might feel like these suggestions fell on deaf ears but that wasn’t the case at all.

Behind the scenes our management has been compiling lists (and keeping talley) of all the plugins most suggested (About 10 or so) and those plugins will be tested and then hosted from our MyEclipse Discovery Site. Which means for most of you, future installs will look like this:

1) Install MyEclipse
    2) Connect to discovery site, check off all your favorite plugins, hit Finish, Restart
    3) Done

no more hunting around your book marks or the web or Google looking for the update site URLs for these. Also you won’t have to worry about accidentally grabbing incompatible releases or anything like that, just install and go.

I’ll get more information as to exactly which ones will go up and when from management and post that here as I know more. With each release we are trying to take small steps towards making everyone’s development life a little easier and a lot of these additions are more than just “better autocomplete” or other low level support (like the SNAPs with MyEclipse 5.5, if you have been using them, you see how handy they can be). We hope it’s helping.

#266932 Reply

Werner Punz

colorer, some regexp tools

#266975 Reply

architect-01

If you guys could implement the features inside Lomboz for jsr-168 portlet development. That would be fantantic. Now I use two IDE’s now MyEclipse for Struts, Spring & hibernate. Lomboz for portlet dev.

Paul

#267076 Reply

John Bender
    Participant

Weblogic plugin – Only because I can’t get myEclipse to start up weblogic 8.1
    relo – nice reverse engineering/UML model
    subclipse

#268881 Reply

sixel

– subclipse < http://subclipse.tigris.org/ >
    – checkstyle < http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/ >
    – eclemma < http://www.eclemma.org/ >
    – hibernate tools < http://www.hibernate.org/255.html >

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
Reply To: [SURVEY] Plugins most commonly added to MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in