facebook

Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

usryjw

Hi there,

I am still getting the following error after I installed MyEclipse Blue v9.1. From what I’ve been told that the following error should be fixed in v9.1. Can some one take a look and confirm for me?

Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 5.0

Thanks,

#317957 Reply

usryjw

And I am still having the following error.

Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 5.0

#317975 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

I will file it for investigation with the dev team.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#317976 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

Can you please create a sample project with this issue and send it to us ? Also what is the compliance level of your project ?

You can upload it to the forums, refer to https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-how-to-upload-attachments-on-forum/ or send a mail to support@genuitec.com with Subject : ATTN SWAPNA and a reference to this thread.

#317978 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

Can you also clarify if its an error in the project or an error you only see when you deploy it on WAS 6.1 ?

#317981 Reply

Brian Fernandes

usryjw,

To clarify Swapna’s comments from earlier, go to Project Properties > Java Compiler and check the JDK compliance level you have over there, it is probably set to 1.4 or lower. Also go to the Project Facets properties page and adjust the version of the Java Facet to match the compiler compliance level chosen on the compiler page.

#317983 Reply

usryjw

Thanks for your quick response.

The errorshappened during the deployment. I don’t see the compiling error on any of my projects.

Thanks,

#317985 Reply

usryjw

To answer Brian’s question.

The project Java compliance level was set to 1.5 and Java Facet was 1.5. EJB Module was 2.0.

It looks like all the errors happened only to the EJB projects of my ear project.

Thanks,

#317986 Reply

usryjw

To answer Brian’s question.

The project Java compliance level was set to 1.5 and Java Facet was 1.5. EJB Module was 2.0.

It looks like all the errors happened only to the EJB projects of my ear project.

Thanks,

#317987 Reply

usryjw

@support-swapna wrote:

usryjw,

Can you also clarify if its an error in the project or an error you only see when you deploy it on WAS 6.1 ?

I saw the erros when I deploy it on WAS6.1

Thanks

#317989 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Another note is the fact that WAS 6.1 does not support Java 5 natively and requires additional feature packs for JEE 5 support – do you have these installed? Are you able to successfully deploy your project with any other tools to this same profile?

#317996 Reply

usryjw

@Support-Brian wrote:

Another note is the fact that WAS 6.1 does not support Java 5 natively and requires additional feature packs for JEE 5 support – do you have these installed? Are you able to successfully deploy your project with any other tools to this same profile?

I did install the patches to WAS6.1. The version of the WAS6.1 is 6.1.0.25, which is the same as my production server.

BTW, what else application do you recommend me to try, other than WAS6.1?

Thanks

#317997 Reply

usryjw

I meant application server

#318004 Reply

usryjw

@Support-Brian wrote:

BTW, I was able to build my ear file outside MyEclipse with ant scripts and deployed the ear file to my WAS6.1 server without having any issues. The WAS6.1 is the same one I was trying to deploy within MyEclipse.

Thanks,

#318026 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

Can you check if running EJB Deploy Tool fixes this issue ?

Open context menu on your EAR or EJB project, select MyEclipse > Run EJB Deploy. You will have to configure it for the first time.

For deployment you can use all deployment modes including our new in-workspace mode. However if you want to use classic or extended, you must disable EJB Deploy tool. Open project properties, navigate to MyEclipse > EAR page and deselect “Run EJBDepoy tool”.

Let me know how this works for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in