facebook

Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if sour

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

usryjw

Hi there,

I am gettting the “Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 5.0” error when deploy a ear file to the WAS 6.1. From my understanding, WAS 6.1 JDK should be JDK 5.0.

Thanks

#317133 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

We already have a bug filed for this issue. You can expect to see the fix in MyEclipse 9.0.1 version.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#317146 Reply

usryjw

Is there any workaround instead of waiting for a newer version?

Thanks,

#317157 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

The issue is actually with WAS’s EJB deploy tool. We are working on providing a workaround for it in our MyEclipse 9.0.1 version.

The only workaround instead of waiting is to make the project Java 1.4 compatible.

Hope this helps.

#317244 Reply

usryjw

When can I expect the 9.0.1 release to be published for download? Can I have the 30 days tail still on the newer version?

Thanks

#317274 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

MyEclipse 9.0.1 ( renamed to MyEclipse 9.1) will be available in 2 weeks.

The existing trail will continue. Additional 30 day trail for the newer version will not be available. You will have to purchase the license at the end of the trail to be able to work with MyEclipse IDE.

You can send an email to : subscriptions@genuitec.com to purchase the license.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

#317297 Reply

usryjw

Hi there,

I made all EJB projects 1.4 compatible, all compaible issues are gone. But I still see some classes cann’t be solved. I think it is due to class path issue. There are some java project which referred by the EJB project works fine, but not all. Can you let me know if a EJB project refers to an other java project, how do I setup the dependency?

My situation is similar to below
    TestEar
    TestEJB
    TestJava1
    TestJava2

TestJava1& TestJava2 are referenced by TestEJB, but only classess from TestJava1 can be solved but not classess from TestJava2.

Thanks,

#317310 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

If we just add java projects to EJB Project References we cannot access the classes(defined in java projects) in the EJB project.You need to add it to Build path > Projects to access the classes(defined in the java projects) in the EJB project.

Hope this helps.

#317317 Reply

usryjw

Thanks for your reply.

I did add the Java project to the build path of the EJB project. and I don’t see any compiling error within MEB. If I didn’t add it to build path I should see the compiling error in the EJB project, correct?

My problem is that those java project are configured in the build path of the EJB project, but during the deployment, it raised “cannot be solved as a type” error

Thanks,

#317326 Reply

usryjw

I figured it out by myself.

I add the Java project to the MANIFEST.MF, but it requires one extra whitespace at the end of each line to recognize. I didn’t have the extra whitespace, so the jar file I added to the MAINFEST.MF were ignored.

Is it a bug?

Thanks

#317334 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

Here is what the jar specification has to say on manifest’s class-path
    attribute –

The value of this attribute specifies the relative URLs of the extensions
    or libraries that this application or extension needs. URLs are separated by
    one or more spaces. The application or extension class loader uses the
    value of this attribute to construct its internal search path.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if sour

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in