facebook

Syntax highlighting disappears after save

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

louispepin
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m liking codemix a lot so far.

My problem is: sometimes after I save a file, the syntax highlighting disappears completely. It just goes back to black text on a white background. If I edit a line, the highlighting will come back but only for that line.

Any way to avoid this? Thanks!

This topic was linked to an Issue on April 20, 2018 at 2:24 pm
    #581623 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

I’m also experiencing this. But it seems intermittent now

#581634 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I am really happy that you like CodeMix so far. It is still under an intensive development and we appreciate any feedback, especially like this. Here are some questions which can help us in fixing this issue:

1) Have you noticed any specific pattern or any steps how to get into such state?
    2) Does it happen after a long time spent in the same editor or more randomly?
    3) Does it happen only only on save?

Any help will be very welcomed. We are going to look at this issue closer and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak
    Applications Development Manager

#581651 Reply

louispepin
    Participant

1) It seems to happen only on save. When I open a new file, the highlighting is back until I save again.
    2) It doesn’t seem to matter. It happens even if I just opened codemix.
    3) So far I only notice this behavior after saving the file, yes.

Good luck!

#581653 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Several more to narrow the issue:
    1) What is your OS?
    2) Can it be specific to a language/type of file?

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak

#581654 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Several more to narrow the issue:
    1) What is your OS?
    2) Can it be specific to a language/type of file?

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak

#581655 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

Mine was Windows 7 and PHP.

My issue does seem reduced currently. But on my first downloading it was in every file. I’m yet to see it happen for about a day now.

#581656 Reply

louispepin
    Participant

1) I’m using Linux Mint 18.2, I haven’t tried codemix yet on windows.
    2) It happens on HTML, Typescript and CSS files – I haven’t tried codemix on other languages yet. To reproduce, I can add a space at the end of any line in the file, press CTRL + S, and the file will save but the highlighting will disappear.

Adding a screenshot of the typescript file I’m currently working on. You can clearly see the black lines at the top of the screen where the highlighting was lost, and then the highlighting being functional for the lines I was currently editing!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #581724 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Can both of you share the list of extensions you have installed? If you could take a few screeenshots of the extensions listed at Help > CodeMix Extensions, that might point us to an extension that may be responsible for these issues.

#581726 Reply

louispepin
    Participant

Hi,

Here are mine:

Attachments:
    #582749 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for the screenshots – unfortunately, nothing in that extension list that is unusual, we internally run with more or less the same set of extensions too.

I will say we have seen this problem as well, so we know it exists – but it has been occurring very rarely and we haven’t found a reliable way to reproduce it yet. Rest assured, our team is working on it, anything else you can think of will help a great deal.

The reported issue has been logged in our issue tracker – see the top of this thread for a link. Feel free to vote-up this issue, as well as others you find important!
    https://www.genuitec.com/go/codemix-top-issues

#584561 Reply

louispepin
    Participant

Hi guys,

I noticed that the issue seemed to coincide with when the editor tries to remove trailing whitespace for you as you save. For me that’s when the syntax highlighting is usually lost (for example, add a space at the end of a code line, press CTRL + S, trailing space is removed but syntax highlighting is also lost).

I went to Settings > General > Editors > AnyEdit Tools and I unchecked “remove trailing whitespace” and I haven’t had the problem since.

Hope this helps

#584562 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

Similar to this, I’m finding weird characters as of today pop up sometimes.

Attachments:
    #584576 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Louis,

I went to Settings > General > Editors > AnyEdit Tools and I unchecked “remove trailing whitespace” and I haven’t had the problem since.

This is a GREAT lead, thank you! This will definitely help us track down what is hopefully the only source for this problem. We’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Jonny, this looks like the cursor is being left behind somehow. Has this started happening only today? Any changes to your environment or are you using any new keybindings?

#584586 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

Hi Brian

Only started today and no changes on my end. Unless there was an update that loaded in the background.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Syntax highlighting disappears after save

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in