facebook

Tab indent in web.xml/struts-config.xml editor [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

I *think* someone reported this, but I wanted to make sure it got into 2.7:

Select multiple lines of text, and hitting tab in both of the xml editors in 2.7rc1 just indent the first line, but I saw some weird behavior when I was trying to back indent (shift-tab). I selected about 15 lines of xml, and hit shift-tab, what it did was back indent the first tag until it was flush with the left editor window, then it jumped down to the next tag of the same type (skipping the first tags contents) and back indented that one, and so one… very strange.

Anyway, I would just prefer it behaved like the Java editor indenting.

Best,
    Riyad

#200943 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Riyad,

I know I tested that just awhile ago and didn’t have an issue. But, I put in a bug report and referenced this thread just in case something changed (as apparently it has). Thanks for reporting it.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#200946 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm… ok well if you guys test it again internall, and can’t duplicate it, go ahead and close it. I have no problem with something being messed up on my end and would rather not waste you’re dev time; I’ll try and figure it out.

If I can’t, I’ll pretend it works for a while, then submit the bug again 😉

#200960 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Actually, it may be a difference between the XML and Struts editors. I typically use the XML editor a lot more and don’t recall seeing the behavior, but I can’t say I checked the Struts editor lately. That’s why I opened it as a bug. Development will check it out and get if fixed one way or the other. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#201460 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Fixed in 2.7 RC2

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Tab indent in web.xml/struts-config.xml editor [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in