facebook

Tapestry Support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pczurak

MyEclipse 6.- GA

I am trying to add Tapestry Support and I am getting the following error.

“Tapestry support requires that project ‘Test’ define a web root folder other then itself”

What does this error mean and how do I fix this problem. This process worked with MyEclispe 5.5 and 6.0M1

Thank You

Peter

#274447 Reply

Loyal Water

Did you get this while adding Tapestry capabilities to a simple web project ?

Can you list the steps to reproduce this error.

#274559 Reply

pczurak

I got it to work
    I was not selecting Java EE5.0 for the J2EE specifications I was letting Eclipse to default to J2EE 1.4 when creating the project.

But I still do not understand the error message.

#274618 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Peter, the error is a bit confusing… I believe it meant that it doesn’t want you to use a Web Project that has the Web Root set to the same directory as the Project Root.

#275346 Reply

Sam
    Participant

Did anyone figure out why this error is occurring. I am trying to add Tapestry capabilities to a webproject that is already there but i got the same error message mentioned in this thread. I have the web root of the project set to / but why should that matter???

#275393 Reply

Riyad Kalla

sam I’m not versed well in the Tapestry 3.1 support, but it may simply be a project-layout requirement of the Spindle plugin (that provides the Tapestry support)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Tapestry Support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in